Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

songs cannot be matched

songs cannot be matched

Hi guys.

This would be my second time posting the same issue - it might be no one knows how to solve this.

I have about 8,000 of my own songsvery very well lablled and they are all on different playlists in iTunes.

I have subscribed to Spotify Premium.

However, there are a few problems that I face:

Problem 1:

When Spotify atuo imports my playlists from iTunes from my desktop, only about 100 out of the 8,000 songs are "matched" and playable when I go into Spotify from my iPad.

The other songs are literally shown on my iPad as grey - unplayable.

I managed to go around the problem by manually creating another new set of playlists on Spotify... then literally dragged the same songs from the "iTunes imported playlist" over to my "newly created playlist" in Spotify... and suddenly 4,000 of my 8,000 songs are playable instead of the 100.

Does anyone know why this is??

Problem 2:

When I go into Spotify on my Android phone though... almost 7,500 out of my 8,000 songs are playable.

I double checked my iPad version... the same songs that are available on my android are not playable on my iPad.

How weird is that??

Can anyone help me with this cos it's really really frustrating the hell out of me!

Thank you all in advance.

5 Replies

It might be worth trying to import those playlists again using a tool such as ivy and see if you get better results? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Importing 8000 tracks with Ivy sounds like a nightmare. I'm going to give this some thought. Back soon.

Just wondering are all of the tracks playable on the web player? play.spotify.com

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@Snakey If you imported your itunes music library into spotify as well as the playlists, could you get rid of these local files for now. It will help with working out what's happening.

Go to preferences/options in the desktop client, uncheck itunes in the local files section and restart the client.

I'd suggest deleting all the imported playlists then reimporting just one for now to see how the matching goes. If you imported 8000 tracks' worth of playlists in one go, it would take a fair amount of time for the music to be matched up. With one playlist, we can see what's going on much quicker.

Hi Peter.

Nope.. I logged in to check. The same songs that cannot be played on my iPad are also not playable on the web player.

By the way... I made a mistake with my android phone.

It seems like whatever cannot be played on my iPad cannot be played on android too.

So now.. the only issue that remains is... I have many songs are remain unmatched, but they are clearly available on Spotify catalogue.

Such as:

Michael Buble - Cry Me A River

Backstreet Boys - Shape of my Heart

and plenty others.

I am quite sure I labelled them correctly. Is there something I can do?

Suggested posts