Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify premium stops all the time

Solved!

spotify premium stops all the time

After more than 1 year of enjoying spotify on my ipad 2 it has gone bad last weeks. It stops playing all the time. It stops playing after 1 minute or sometimes 2 minutes. And it always stops playing at the end of the song.  I have tried anything, reinstalling, different internet locations, waiting very long and so on. It doesn't make sense.  It even stops playing in offline mode, so internet connection is not the problem. I don't even listen to spotify anymore and if this is not fixed within one week I will stop my premium subscription.

willem

89 Replies

That's mr.gainesy!.glad it worked for you.Hopefully we can all have trouble free listening from now on!.Agree regards the customer service,I work for a large British company that has to be totally customer focused as we all from the bottom to the top knowwe wouldn't have a job otherwise!.take heed spotify dudes,takes a long time to gain customers,takes one hell of a short time to lose them.

Thanks so much-- I'd looked everywhere and tried everything and this elaborate procedure finally worked!

Here's to Tristan!

Uninstalling, a cold reboot, and a fresh install of the newest version fixed the issues for me.  I also was having problems with songs stopping about 20 seconds in on every song.  Radio also loads instantly which is great.

@Iowahawkeyedave wrote:

Uninstalling, a cold reboot, and a fresh install of the newest version fixed the issues for me.  I also was having problems with songs stopping about 20 seconds in on every song.  Radio also loads instantly which is great.

Now that we have just released a new version for iOS users, can you please try to do the same as Iowahawkeyedave here and see if that resolves the issue for you?

Community Ergo Sum

I have had same problem for 2 months. If I reinstall the app will I lose all my playlists? It seems I would. So much to redo if it all goes away:( please let me know. I have tried. The update and that did not work either:(

Ok. I'm coming up on the end of a year of premium service. And this has been an issue for me the whole year. I've been trying to be patient because I love the idea and the price is right, but not if it doesn't work on my mobile device. Seriously - why is the service so spotty? Mine goes in and out and in and out when I listen on my iphone all the time. I do the restart, reload, reinstall bs a lot, but typically I just have to stop listening. I switch back to itunes music I own about 50% of the time I'm trying to listen on mobile (which is all times when I'm at the office or in the car and often in my home in a bose docking station). Seriously, spotify people. Is there a fix, or do I need to walk away? 

I been having this problem for a long time.

Changing channel, changing qualty etc.
Even installed IOS latest version 6.01 for Iphone 4

, no succes..

Did remove application and a fresh install DID SOLVE THE PROBLEM !!!!

Same problem here. Spotify stops playing after I skip to the next track. 

I am using iOS 6 and spotify with the latest updates.

Very annoying.

Marked as solution

Guys, can we get some confirmation from you as to whether or not this is still happening?

Hoping for good news, but feel free to let us know otherwise.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I still have problems and I've been jumping through hoops with tech support. So frustrating. 

Thank you. Richard. Yes my Spotify is now finally working properly. I have paid premium price for over 2/3 months with not able to use. Is there any rebate available for lack of service If even one month?

Glad to have my music back. 

Thanks.

JJ

You would need to get in touch with the customer services team using the online contact form to discuss that 😉

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Is an iPhone/iPad your having a problem with?.If so I had the same problem months ago,try uninstalling app then resetting your device once reset download app.I did not lose my playlists either.Hope this helps.

Richard,

I am still having this problem and I have tried everything. I have an iphone 4s, I am running ios 6. I deleted the app, cleared cache, turned off icloud for spotify, reset the iphone, reinstalled spotify. It still won't work and I am so frustrated. This has been going on for months I can't listen to spotify music at all on my phone.

Model: iPhone 4S

iOS: 6.1 

Network: Verizon

This seriously make me want to kill. It just stops, I even reinstalled iOS today. It stops either at 18 seconds, 1:18, or 1:40. So annoying. 

It stops playing all the time. It stops playing after 1 minute or sometimes 2 minutes. And it always stops playing at the end of the song.  I have tried everything I have seen for the solutions. It doesn't make sense.  It even stops playing in offline mode, so internet connection is not the problem. It is really starting to piss me and i will cancel my premium subscription. if this is not fixed.

@Echo wrote:

It stops playing all the time. It stops playing after 1 minute or sometimes 2 minutes. And it always stops playing at the end of the song.  I have tried everything I have seen for the solutions. It doesn't make sense.  It even stops playing in offline mode, so internet connection is not the problem. It is really starting to piss me and i will cancel my premium subscription. if this is not fixed.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Have you tried following all of the steps outlined in the iOS troubleshooting guide?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello,

After the last update this problem has surfaced with  my wifes iPad2. Every song stops at 90 to 120 seconds in. Doesn't matter if it is an offline playlist or online.

Quite irritating. I have tried all of the fixes mentioned in this thread. It still doesn't work. Considering the issues I have had with Spotify in the past I am thinking about looking elsewhere for a similar service.

Is this still a current issue?

HI there,

an important question is where your account belongs to. Does you connect via Facebook or Spotify?

If it is facebook then just log off and Log in back again (in your app not the website 😉 ). then it should it work.

Hiya Mikeimane

I joined Spotify Premium a month or so ago, and it keeps on stopping in the middle of the song on my iphone... sooooooooo bloody frustrating, I'm thinking of cancelling my account.

I tried to uninstall, clear Safai history and cookies and reinstall but it doesn't work - maybe works for 4-5songs and then stops again.

I want to try the reboot and then changing quality - but where do you change the quality to normal? Maybe this would work on mine too.

Thanks!

Suggested posts