Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

4.99/ month. Just signed up. What am I paying for ?

4.99/ month. Just signed up. What am I paying for ?

Please explain what 4.99 / month gives me. Downloaded app on both iPhone & iPad & just signed up for 4.99/month . Can't seem to play anything without being a premium subscriber & can't see how I cancel . Really frustrated. Money was instantly taken from my PayPal account & I don't like paying for nothing & certainly don't want this to go out again next month .
22 Replies

Mobile devices require a 9.99/month payment. I'm pretty sure it should say that somewhere in the purchase page unless they've changed it since I subscribed.

Wondered if it was something like that but it certainly wasn't clear to me. So how do I cancel & get a refund as not sure I want 9.99 service without understanding this all better

Hi,

You can do this by going to https://www.spotify.com/uk/account/subscription/ and clicking on view your options under manage your subscription. You can then click on continue with cancellation, and cancel it from there.

Just to clarify the difference between the subscriptions:

Free: has ads in it, listening time: 10 hours/month (Unlimited in the US and UK), 5 plays per track

Unlimited: 4.99/month , unlimited listening time, ad free

Premium: 9.99/month , ad free, unlimited listening time, Offline mode, mobile device support, enhanced sound quality, exclusive content.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help 🙂

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

I don't want 9.99 service I didn't know 4.99 service was not for mobile devices & therefore wish to cancel & get a refund. Only signed up today so should be able to do this, do you know how?

Hi,

Please see my edited post above, apologies for misunderstanding what you requested.

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Thanks. Can't see how I get a refund . Surely I have the right to change my mind & get a refund as only signed up today.

JOL - Sorry about any confusion. We try and explain the differences here. Anyway, just contact our payments team here and explain what happened. They're nice and understanding, don't worry.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I've been paying 4.99 for awhile now and still can't access any music. how
Do I get a refund or actually access music. What have I been paying for?

The same has happened to me! Can't access anything and finding it hard to
cancel, money was taken so quickly out of my account!

You can't access anything for 4.99 month on my iPad. What are we paying for?

The same has happened to me. Can't access any music and been paying since the summer!

@Sking Spotify Unlimited allows non-stop, ad-free listening on a computer. To use Spotify on a mobile device, like an iPad, Spotify Premium is needed.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I pay £4.99 per month. Until a couple of days ago, I could play tracks from my playlist, via my iphone4.

Now, I get a message advising that it's not available online and I need to purchase Premium.

What changed?

That's the price of an unlimited subscription, unless you have a student discount and unlimited gives you the same as free spotify on a mobile phone - see this chart. Offline playlists are a premium feature.

Maybe you took out a 30 day premium trial or the 48 hour mobile trial which has now finished?

This is my latest receipt:

You sent a payment of £4.99 GBP to Spotify Finance Ltd (premium-gbp@spotify.com)

I've been listening (Shuffle only) for more than one month...not sure how long. Then, suddenly I can't, for the reasons stated in my first post. I don't recall any mention of a time limit on the service.

What does it say on your account overview under Subscription Status? Under "username" does it show a spotify username or a 10 digit number?

Under account overview:

Subscription status

Your Spotify Unlimited subscription will be automatically renewed the 2014-05-04 and charged £4.99 every 1 month, unless you cancel your subscription before that time.

Clicking from there, led me to the latest receipt info': Receipt for 343330433016

Date 2014-04-04
Order number 343330433016
Payment method PayPal
Retailer Spotify Ltd.
VAT number GB943684002
Username sossity

So you have an unlimited subscription as I thought. You should still be able to listen to your playlists in shuffle only mode by hitting the shuffle play button but you, if you try tapping a specific track, you will get the message about upgrading to Premium. More information in this FAQ.

Suggested posts