Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account Hacked asking for advice. Spotify Case # 01929722

Account Hacked asking for advice. Spotify Case # 01929722

I recently noticed new playlists appearing on my device, one entitled (Get off spotify this is mine now) I have tried resetting password but my email has been changed by the hacker to  jwhimar*****@cuvox.de so the account password gos to his email. Now i cant log into any device and they have full control over my account. I have raised a case and sent my details to prove my identity but ideally i would like to know how this has came about as i only changed the password on the 7ct of Oct when i got my new phone thats when i noticed the new playlists but didnt realise until i changed my phone again after it broke that i couldnt log in. Please help

7 Replies

Hang in there with support, they are really the only ones who can help. Making any changes (such as email address) requires your Spotify password how they have got a hold of that is anyone's guess. I would suggest if you use the same username and password on other services you change them now.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Ok Thanks, Since their last reply yesterday asking me to confirm the email on my account (which it isnt mine) i havnt had a reply confirming that they agree my account is hijacked. just would like some clarification it is moving forward as they asked me to try and reset the password for that email account which dosent belong to me?

feel it is taking a little too long for something as serious as this, especially as i dont know what other personal information has been taken

cheers ian

Can someone look into whats happening with my hacked account, still unable to access it and had no update from support, Case number Spotify Case # 01929722 and registered to tommoturbo

Thanks ian

@tommo01 - Sorry was away for the weekend. Just checking in any progress on this?

Peter

@tommo01 wrote:

Can someone look into whats happening with my hacked account, still unable to access it and had no update from support, Case number Spotify Case # 01929722 and registered to tommoturbo

Thanks ian

I've taken a look and your case is with the right team; somebody will be in touch ASAP.

Thanks for your patience, Ian. We'll do our best to get this sorted as fast as we can.

Hello and Thanks,

My account has now been passed back to myself this afternoon after it was hacked into, ive reset passwords, emails etc, But i dont understand how it was hijacked in the first place? i only use spotify on my home PC and phone and dont ever log in on shared computers, i keep my password secure and dont share the account. Also i am worried about what information they were able to access while they had control of my account, i have asked this question to support 3 times and no one has so far answered this for me.

could you at least answer this for me,

1 how it was hijacked

2 what info on my account would they have had access to

and lastly the dateit was hijacked so i can work out where i was and if it led to it being taken

Thanks Ian

Do you use the same login details on any other services?

Spotify won't give you the details of the other user unless it is part of a criminal investigation as it would be a breach of that persons privacy in some countries.

Peter

Suggested posts