Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account removal request

Solved!

Account removal request

I request the removal of my Spotify-Account "FDMS4".

I am very angry because there is no option called "remove account" - even Facebook has one. Also, letting me fill out a contact form to get the answer "Hello, no support staff will ever help you, try computers (FAQ) or other members (Community)" is somehow rude.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey 🙂

If you filled in the only contact form and got an automated reply, just reply directly back to it (even if it says not to) and your message will be pushed to one of the customer services agents 😉 Stupid system, I know!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey 🙂

If you filled in the only contact form and got an automated reply, just reply directly back to it (even if it says not to) and your message will be pushed to one of the customer services agents 😉 Stupid system, I know!

Peter

Peter

I told Spotify that I requested account removal, and told them that I would report them if I had any more charges for Spotify against my bank account.  WELL, I guess that I need to report them to the Better Business Bureau--I have charges against my bank account again!!!  WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND???  I asked that Spotify be removed, I've removed any programs from my computer, and am STILL being charged for something I shouldn't be!!!!

REMOVE SPOTIFY AND REIMBURSE THE CHARGES TO MY BANK ACCOUNT TODAY

Jill Hermann

Hey Jill - I'm sorry to hear you've had some trouble with your account. 

I can assure you the team can help here, but we'll need to work via email to keep your security details safe.  You'll have a message from us shortly. Keep an eye on your inbox for me. 

Hi!

I would like to remove my account estrella95 since I happen to have two accounts - one with another username, thanks! /Jessica 

@jtollinger wrote:

Hi!

I would like to remove my account estrella95 since I happen to have two accounts - one with another username, thanks! /Jessica 

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Just drop the customer services team an email using the online contact form and they will be able to remove this extra account for you. 

Peter

Peter

Ok. I’ve sent request via this “form” you gave and have “noreply” e-mail with the link to this forum.  How would call this ?! A scam or what? I have no fkn words for it....

From now on, people, before subscribe to any online service check first how to unsubscribe. If not option given or goes to e-mail support – that is a garbage! 

@user-removed wrote:

Ok. I’ve sent request via this “form” you gave and have “noreply” e-mail with the link to this forum.  How would call this ?! A scam or what? I have no fkn words for it....

I know this is going to sound counter-intuative but you need to reply to the no-reply email with another message requesting the removal of your account. Once you have done that, a customer services agent should get back to you within 48 hours. 

Peter

Peter

By recent Australian anti-spam law – an e-mail from online service must have an Unsubscribe link otherwise it is illegal. Few marketing company already paid fine. Your Unsubscribe link requires login to your service and even creating additional community login in order to contact you and unsubscribe. 

spotify "support" e-mail copy:

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Here's what we got from you:
Please remove my account and all information in it. Thanks

If you have a question about Spotify, your first stop should be the Spotify Community http://community.spotify.com/ for support from other users. This is also a great place to read up on any company updates that might affect your service as well as posting your own ideas and feedback.

Then check out our Help pages http://www.spotify.com/help/overview/. The FAQs contain solutions to the most common queries and guides on how to use Spotify's features.

You can also now follow or Tweet our Spotify Customer Service Team @Spotifycares for all things Spotify.

We're sure that these solutions will help you with your query. Remember that we'll keep you in the loop on any major service updates via our Twitter:
https://twitter.com/#!/spotifystatus @Spotifystatus

Kind regards,
Spotify Customer Service Team

ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0N5Tyf:ref

I'm not in the loop on recent australian laws or the legalities of the unsubscription/removal of accounts. I am just another member of the Spotify community like yourself (I do not work for Spotify) trying to point you in the right direction 😉
If you wish to make a complaint, you can do that also from the online contact form I have linked to.

Peter

Peter

my friends   got  my spotify acount   want to delite it please    romove my acount  today     my acount is " vice,r97a "

@victor97 wrote:

my friends   got  my spotify acount   want to delite it please    romove my acount  today     my acount is " vice,r97a "

If you wish to request the removal of your account, you will need to follow the instructions outlined in this thread.

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts