Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account

Account

1. I Changed my password and signed out of all devices but if they know my email can they use the sign in without password button?

3 Replies

Hey @Annagrace149, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

If someone has gained access to your account, then I’d recommend checking out this support article for the next steps to take.

To prevent this from happening in the future, there are many measures you can take to protect your account, such as resetting your password every few months, and not using passwords you have used on other sites. There is also a great guide here for some more measures on protecting your account.

If you see an email from Spotify, and can’t tell if it’s legit, use this checklist. Of course, Spotify makes sure that all user records and platforms are completely secure around the clock.

Also, you mentioned something about someone logging in using email but no password option. Can you attach a screenshot of what you’re referring to so I can take a closer look?

Keep me posted!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I’ve changed my password, basically done everything I can do to try to keep whoever out of my account, but on phones iPods iPads tablets etc. (haven’t seen this on a computer) this option is there when logging in, so if the person that was on my account was signed out when I signed out of all devices and after a change of password but they had the email for my account could they use the log in without password?

Hey @Annagrace149,

Thanks for getting back to me.

If you have changed your password and they only have your email address- they won’t be able to log in since you’ve changed your password. This also holds true when you Sign everyone out of your Spotify account. 

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need further help or have any more questions!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts