Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accounts, licenses and multiple devices

Accounts, licenses and multiple devices

I use Spotify across two iPads in our venue for playback.

I have just subscribed for a new license.  I know that you can only play on one device at a time.  However, is there any way for me to buy another license associated with the same account.  Therefore being able to login to two devices at once and play diffferent content simultaneously.  This seems sensible enough.  If I have to set up another account, then the playlists will not be easy to update between two separate accounts.  

Basically, I need a centralised playlist, but need to play different content simultaneously.  I am happy to pay for more licenses to this effect, but they have to be linked to the same account.

If this functionality doesn't exist, why not?  It seems reasonable.  Are there any competitors that would offer this?  

Thanks

2 Replies

So called multi-user accounts don't exist on Spotify I'm afraid to say, the only way to have two simultaneous streams is to have two completely separate accounts (you can however share playlists between accounts).

When you say "venue" I assume you are using Spotify for public playback. It might be worth being aware such playback is in breach of the Spotify terms of service.

I think beats (which is now part of Apple) may have family plans which might work for you.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

OK thanks for clarifications Peter.

Suggested posts