Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add users to my Spotify account

Add users to my Spotify account

Quick question - I can't seem to find this feature anywhere on the account management page.  Is it possible for me to add a second user on my account?  I've been using Spotify for a while now, and my girlfriend is always getting on my account, which kicks me off because it can't be in use on more than one device at a time.  I would just sign her up for her own account, but I figured it would be easier to just add a second user to my existing account.  Also, she wants to have access to all of my badass playlists..lol

Any chance of doing this?  

4 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Unfortunately that is not possible to due the licensing agreements Spotify has with the right holders. Spotify accounts are only licensed for personal usage, meaning everyone needs to have their own account (and subscription) so artists can be fairly compensated for track listens. 

If your playlists are public, you can share them with her on her own account, meaning she can still have access to all of your great music!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi! Welcome to the community! Due to licensing agreements between Spotify and the music labels it is not possible to share your account with friends and family as spotify accounts are set up for personal use only. But who knows what there future holds though? I'd suggest you to buy a new account for your girlfriend and then share a few badass playlists with her. Girls love it!

Netflix let's one account have two simultaneous streams. For a bit extra you can have 4 simultaneous streams. Why can't spotify implement the same policy? It's all about the Benjamin's I guess but it would be nice for a family of four to be able to have multiple streams under one account without it being cost prohibitive.

Discount family subscriptions are something that have been long asked for here on the community (check the link for details)! Sadly, I think it's not only about the Benjamin's (although that is a huge factor obviously) but since the restrictions will be written into the licensing agreements Spotify have for content, just making a small change to those involves a huge amount of work I would imagine. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts