Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hello.  I have a quick question.  I have been with premium Spotify for quite a while now but am new to the help community.  I am signed up with, and linked to Spotify via Facebook.  I see my Facebook picture on my Spotify account as well as on Spotify.com.  I was wondering how I could get my avatar here as well on the Spotify community instead of this cheesy purple picture I was given.  I made a little profile, but can't change my avatar.  Does anyone know how to do this?  I sign in to the spotify community via Facebook as well but it does not load my avatar from FB...only the Spotify app and spotify.com does that.  Can you help me get an avatar to this community?  Thanks so much and hope to see you visiting my Spotify page!  Thanks so much for any help.
Karen 🙂

If you liked my post, please send me some "kudos"!

If I solved a problem for you, please click the "accept as solution" tab.

FOLLOW ME AND I WILL FOLLOW YOU (just let me know you followed me)

KAREN ON LAST.FM

Karen's Twitter

5 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

On the community, you require the rank of songwriter to personalise your avatar to an external one.

Feel free to check out this link for more information on ranks.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

did this change since this thread was posted?  it does specify at that link for ranks: 

"Concert Regular: You can now use an external image for your avatar"

but i don't see a way to do this.

Hi.
I never really understood this, as you need "Opening act" to upload images. Always seemed strange to me.
☆✩✪ Want to help out? Become a Spotify Rock Star today! ✪✩☆
Jag svarar på svenska via pm eller via twitter

Binaural track - listen with headphones with good volume!

Strangely enough, it actually gave me the ability to Upload an avatar or select one from a web link once I became a Concert VIP, so the information in that Community Ranks link is inaccurate.

From reports I had seen I thought it would let you upload an image but not select it until you got to Opening Act. Maybe that isn't the case anymore!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts