Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can spotify be trusted with my facebook login?

Can spotify be trusted with my facebook login?

Heyo, I've got a spotify account which is not linked to a facebook account.

At times I've been tempted to log in in order to browse for music, but I've noticed on previous occasions (and on this forum) that Spotify has a tendency to screw the customer over as soon as they've connected via FB.

I don't trust Spotify and probably never will, after they started their force and coersion facebook-campaign they've lost all credibility to me. As such I am extremely skeptical to the idea of giving their app any permissions that are not directly related to the specific functionality I want from the app.

What I'm wondering is:

• If I connect to facebook, will I ever be able to unlink again?
  • Is there a way to connect without granting the facebook app any of the priviliges with which it probably cannot be trusted? (birthday, posting access, offline access, email address)

1 Reply

You have a Spotify account, which means that you are allowed to unlink at any time. Only new users, who sign up using their Facebook account without creating a Spotify account are unable to unlink.

On Facebook, Spotify will be given posting permissions, but you can set that Spotify messages will appear to "only me" so nobody will see them.

Suggested posts