Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't log onto my account

Can't log onto my account

My Question or Issue

I'm using an S7 Edge, accidentally logged out of my account while it was set on offline mode, now I cant log back in because its saying that I need to be online in order to login.

2 Replies

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out to the community!

Please follow the steps on this help guide concerning issues logging in to accounts.

Let me know if it helped 😃

Me too.

The solution provided here is a generic cookie cutter response.  None of the scenarios given are what you and I are experiencing.

What is particularly infuriating about it is that I recently deleted all my local MP3s (2000 files) that I had always accessed via the Poweramp app.  I had to do this because the only way I could play them on spotify was to add them to a playlist and download them.  I didn't want to have to duplicate that many files on my phone because of the storage issue.  So I made a choice. Spotify (premium) over Poweramp.

Now , with spotify AWOL, I can't play ANY music from my phone ( my main music device).

I read a troubleshooter guide somewhere on spotify which suggested that I might resolve the problem with an uninstall / reinstall.  In which case I will have to download all my local files again, re-download any files I had previously saved via the spotify app (not possible, since I don't have a record of them), and rebuild my playlists (if I recall correctly) - also a time-consuming and likely impossible task.  'Cause like I said - no records!

Not happy! I'm a programmer ... I know this stuff is extremely complicated.  But this is not good.  At least give us an option to play local files without having to lock them on to use exclusively by spotify.

Hope you can resolve it, because this IS a decent app.

Suggested posts