Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't "forget" device

Can't "forget" device

When I am listening to Spotify in my car driving to work it will connect to my daughter's smart speaker back at our house. I will then go click forget device, go restart my Spotify playlist, and then it connects right back to her speaker. It is driving me insane. Every time I forget it it keeps popping back even when I am not on the same network. We have a premium account with five users so this shouldn't continue to be a problem. Any tips to stop this from happening would be great.
2 Replies

Hey @FRustrated2000111, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

You mentioned that you have a Premium account with five users. If you're on the Premium Family plan, every member on that plan should have access to their own Spotify account connected to your plan, that way there is no music interruption. You can invite and remove members following these steps. If your daughter and you are on the same Premium account, you will face the situation you described because only one person can listen to music at a time, per account. 

Regarding forgetting devices - you can log everyone out of your account by going to your account page here > Sign out everywhere. This should remove all devices from your Spotify account and you will have to sign back into the devices you would like added again. 

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Billy, thanks for the suggestion. We do all use separate email accounts. I do have all the Google Home speakers using a separate account too. So everyone has their own accounts. I'm wondering if it's the Google Home issue since I have that installed on my phone to manage the devices, but my Spotify account is not using the same email as the Google Home Spotify account. 

This also doesn't solve the fact that the device continues to come back on even after I select "forget device." 

Any other thoughts? 

Suggested posts