Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't upgrade with student discount

Can't upgrade with student discount

I already have a Spotify account which is showing as free. I want to upgrade it to premium but use my student discount.

When I follow the link to the student discount page I enter my payment details no problem.

However the next page it wants to verify I am a student so I enter my student card number and dob and click continue...and nothing happens. The page looks like its going to do something as the continue button greys out but then it just goes back to how it was with all my details still on the fields. There is no error message or anything. I have checked my account and it hasnt been updated . How can I get this to work?

Thanks

5 Replies

At the moment, you can only use the student discount when you are in school at the USA, UK, or Germany. Are at one of those places? 

It also might just be a temporary bug, so try again in a couple of hours.

Yes I'm in the UK. I will give it another go tomorrow - thanks

You're very welcome. Make sure you use this link so you sign up to the UK version. You might run into another problem if you accidentally sign up for a different country's.

So I tried again today still no joy.

I have even tried opening a new account but have the same issue - get to the student number input field and nothing happens when you click the continue button.

Am now also encountering a problem with accessing help under my old account, You will note I now have a different username as despite logging out my new account and logging back in as sgle230678 when i click "help" it brings my new account back up. Its truly driving me nuts the whole student discount thing and now this.

Ok. Use this contact form to tell Spotify what's going on. They should get back to you 24-48 hours after you send it. Make sure you reply to the automated email directing you to the Community.

Suggested posts