Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Confused about a blended playlist and collab playlist with my ex

Confused about a blended playlist and collab playlist with my ex

Hi,

So my ex and I have had a blended playlist and a separate collaborative playlist (we have 2 actually, just us two in it that no one knows about, however it is a public collab playlist) that I own and she's a collaborator on for a while now. 

Just earlier, I realised our blend is there, however, her name has changed into a bunch of letters and numbers which I know is Spotify's ID username of sorts.

We have Facebook as the Spotify link I believe, however what I'm confused about is, if she left the blend, wouldn't the blend, or the songs she added be removed? Because they aren't. The blend name has just changed to my name plus a bunch of

letters/numbers and it still shows separate songs that she's listened to (screenshots attached).  The blend is just between the two of us.

However, with our collaborative playlist that she's a contributor on, it has her full name and photo like it is on her Facebook (she's blocked me on Facebook), and the songs she's added to it. However, when i click on her name in the collab playlist, it takes me to her profile, I can see her public playlists, recently listened to artists, however her profile name is a bunch of letters and numbers, so i'm clearly not blocked on Spotify. 

Would you know any information into this? I thought if someone left a blend with just 1 other person, the blend gets removed for both parties? And for the collab playlist she is in, her songs would get removed on my end?

One thing to note is, she created another Spotify account a few months back so her work music doesn't get mixed alongside her main one (i believe you can have multiple accounts with different emails as long as you have premium), however the blended playlist was on the same account as the one she's a collaborator on I believe.

You can see in the screenshots attached, the blend is there, but her name isn't anymore, and her songs come up as a number, but in the other screenshot, our collab playlist, her full name and photo is there, a song shes added in the past, but when i click on her profile, it's letters/numbers and no profile photo.

One more thing, she hasn't deactivated her Facebook. I'm just personally blocked from her Facebook. This only started happening today by the way.

Oh sorry! A playlist I made for her that I continue adding songs to whenever I can for her line of work to help her still says it has 2 likes on it like it always has.

Thank you. Just want to get some clarification into why this could be happening! Screenshots attached. 

our collab playlist.png
2 Replies

Hey @jpsblue,

Thanks for posting in the Community! 

I'll try to answer all of your questions starting with Blend. As it's the two of you that have started the Blend, if she left it then after the next playlist update, the songs added from her music taste will not be there anymore. If you're the creator of the Blend, then if you left, it would be removed for the both of you and no one else should be able to access it. 

You mentioned that the person has blocked you on Facebook and if their Spotify account is linked to their FB profile, then this can be the reason why you're seeing random letters and numbers. This is the username of the Spotify account and another reason to be seeing it is if the person has unlinked their account from Facebook for example and they don't have a display name.

It's a bit odd that in your Blend, you see the username, but in the Collaborative playlist you still see your ex's name and profile photo if it's the same Spotify account. In this case, to see if it would make a difference, you can clear the cache on your device which can cause issues with the performance and additionally, you can check out how the two playlists look like on another device. 

Lastly, you can register different Spotify accounts with different email addresses and you don't have to have a Premium subscription in order to do this.

Hope this helps clear things up and keep us posted 🙂

IvelinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @Ivelina 

Thanks for that 🙂 I noticed about a day or two later the blend was back to how it was, with her name + mine, which i found strange (while still being blocked on Facebook), and the collab playlist we have together never changed either.

It was the same account of hers on both the blend and our shared playlist, as when i clicked on the profile on the blend of her which was a string of characters, it would direct me to the same user profile as the one from the playlist which has her name.

However, having woken up this morning, i just realised the same thing again! The blend has her name as just a string of numbers again, whereas in our collab playlist her full name is still there. I'm not exactly entirely sure actually if she did link her Facebook profile in that case then as a few days later the blend was back to normal like i said. 

Maybe just a bug/system issue? I can also see her under "Friend Activity" of what she listened to an hour ago but it's just a string of numbers and letters.

Thank you 🙂

Suggested posts