Duo premium

Country

Carribbean

Device

Motorola Moto g50

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I'm in the UK and I pay for Spotify Duo Premium for me and my father who normally lives here too. He's currently on a once in a lifetime cruise around the caribbean. Before he went he went I showed him how to download all of his playlists and work in offline mode as I knew he'd have no internet the whole time he was away, but he wanted to take his music. This worked fine for the first couple of days. However, I've just spoken to him and now Spotify won't load, either in offline mode or not. When he tries to load the app he says it won't do anything other than say he needs to go online now to confirm he's a premium user. But he can't go online because he's in the middle of the ocean and that's why he's trying to listen offline! Please help?! I payed for his duo account mainly for this holiday. Like I said, it worked fine for a few days. He's tried resetting his phone, airplane mode, spotifys offline mode etc, all the simple fixes, but none work. This is super frustrating as I bought this account and set it all up for offline play just so he could listen to his songs on this holiday. I'm sure if his phone was here in my hand I could sort it but please bear in mind I'm dealing with a technophobe thousands of miles away!! Any help is gratefully received. Thank you, Adam

3 Replies

Hey @Chilt69 ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

You need to go online at least once every 30 days to keep your downloads. This is so Spotify can collect play data to compensate artists. 🙂

I'd recommend checking if they have some sort of WiFi available on the cruise, that he can use for a short amount of time.

Let me know how it goes!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the reply. It can't be because he's not been online for 30 days, he's only been away for 10 days and his music worked for the first 6 of them. He was logged in and online the day before he went as I was downloading playlists for him. Or are you saying Spotify requires you to log in on every 30th day, regardless of when you last logged in, and that 30th day happened to be 6 days into his holiday? That'd make no sense surely?

Hey @Chilt69 ,

Thanks for getting back.

Hmm, it's definitely odd if he's only been away for 30 days. He can check how many days he's been offline in the Spotify app, by going to Playback > Offline in Settings.

Additionally, he can log out and back in from the app directly by heading to Settings > Log out as this forces a resync of the app. This should also work without having internet access, as the app caches some data.

Let me know how it goes!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts