Premium

Country

Norway

Device

Iphone 10s

Operating System

Windows

My Question or Issue

I have an account attatched to the mail I used to register Facebook 14 years ago. I'm trying to change it to my present email, but you tell me it's already in use. (I have possibly tried to register with that email some years back, can't really recall) I would like to move that email to my premium account. Can anyone help?

1 Reply

Hey there @1120292613

Welcome to the Community and thanks for the question. We'll gladly explain some more.

It's possible that you have your new email on a different account and that's why you're not able to change it on your old account. You can start by using the password reset option here and change the password for the account which is currently using your desired email address.

After that you can either change the email address on that account, so that it frees up the one you'd like to use, or close the account as a whole.

Keep in mind that if you chose to close it directly, the email address that was used in the account can be registered for a new account 7 to 14 days after the deletion process has been started.

Hope this info helps. We'll be here if you have any further questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts