Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

End of NUS Discount

Solved!

End of NUS Discount

HI all,

In September last year I applied the NUS discount to my account, although I used Unlimited for years before that. Now that the year is coming to an end, do I need to make any changes to my account to drop it back down to Unlimited? At the moment the next payment details say it will be £9.99 but underneath is a message that says "A discount is applied to your current subscription" and I have no idea if it's always come up that way as this is the first time I've logged in on the site to check.

I do love having Premium but at the moment I simply can't afford doubling the subscription price right now.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

If it says a discount has been applied to your account, that should mean the NUS discount will take effect still and you will only be charged 4.99 if I'm correct as to how much it is.

If you want to, you can downgrade to unlimited via your subscriptions page. Go to view your options under manage your subscription, then press change to unlimited.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi,

If it says a discount has been applied to your account, that should mean the NUS discount will take effect still and you will only be charged 4.99 if I'm correct as to how much it is.

If you want to, you can downgrade to unlimited via your subscriptions page. Go to view your options under manage your subscription, then press change to unlimited.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Thanks for taking the time to reply Anthony!

My understanding was that the offer lasted 12 months, which means August would have been number 12. I'll probably just downgrade to Unlimited to be on the safe side, according to the NUS site the offer is still available this year (unless they haven't updated the site since last year anyway) so I'll be able to reapply it once I get this years NUS card. Thanks for your help!

Hi Neonin - You're right--your NUS discount is coming to a close this month. As Anthony rightly suggested, you'll need to subscribe to Unlimited if you don't want to be charged 9.99 in September. 

If you have another questions just give us a shout 🙂

Unfortunately I am pretty sure you are only allowed NUS discount for 1 year under the current system. (even if you get a new card)

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm having the same problem here, however the email linked me to a page where I could enter a new NUS number and continue my subscription at the same price. I did not have a number to hand since my old card had expired, however I've come back today with a new card and I no longer have the option of entering my new card number anywhere.

@tg1413 wrote:

I'm having the same problem here, however the email linked me to a page where I could enter a new NUS number and continue my subscription at the same price. I did not have a number to hand since my old card had expired, however I've come back today with a new card and I no longer have the option of entering my new card number anywhere.

I would drop the Spotify team an email using the contact form and see if there is anything they can do for you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts