Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help! My Spotify Account is bound to wrong Facebook

Help! My Spotify Account is bound to wrong Facebook

Hi!

Recently I've got an new Android tablet and I downloaded Spotify for it, Because why not, I pay for the bloody thing, mind as well and take the full andvantage of it.

But then I ran in to problems.

Previously I had bound my Spotify account (teitec) to a facebook account, but as I entered the facebook details to my androind tablet, I accidentally put it to the wrong facebook page, which is now linked to my personal one.

I've tried everything to change the fact, from the tablet and from PC but nothing seems to be working.

How does one fix such an issue?

-Teitec

7 Replies

Hello and welcome to the community!

On your android tablet or PC can you use disconnect from Facebook and re-enter your Facebook details?

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check album availability here

I'm sorry that is not possible, The adroid app from the Google play Store only has a possibility either log in normally (My account it still bound to the facebook) or log in via facebook.

When I log in with the proper facebook it says "Welcome to the premium, now you have 48 hours to enjoy the premium"

I did clear out the cache and the data spotify took on my tablet. (Sony Xperia Tablet-Z) and then uninstalled it and reinstalled, but nothing has changed. and The tablet version only allowes to logout and not entirelly disconnect the facebook account.

Does your PC still show the correct account? If so, you should be able to log out of spotify on your android and log back in using the correct email address and password to get back to your correct account. If you plan yo use the "log in with facebook" button, you need to make sure your android facebook app is set to the correct facebook account.

If you log in using your Spotify username (not your email address) are all of your playlists there? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

"Does your PC still show the correct account? If so, you should be able to log out of spotify on your android and log back in using the correct email address and password to get back to your correct account. If you plan yo use the "log in with facebook" button, you need to make sure your android facebook app is set to the correct facebook account."

-No it shows the incorrect acccount name, Still the private one, despite having it on "disconnect from facebook".And also I currently have my Spotify uninstalled from my app, untill I can sort this out.

"If you log in using your Spotify username (not your email address) are all of your playlists there?"

Yes all of my playlists are there.

@teitec wrote:

"Does your PC still show the correct account? If so, you should be able to log out of spotify on your android and log back in using the correct email address and password to get back to your correct account. If you plan yo use the "log in with facebook" button, you need to make sure your android facebook app is set to the correct facebook account."

-No it shows the incorrect acccount name, Still the private one, despite having it on "disconnect from facebook".And also I currently have my Spotify uninstalled from my app, untill I can sort this out.

"If you log in using your Spotify username (not your email address) are all of your playlists there?"

Yes all of my playlists are there.

Logging in using that username and password should be all you need to do to get to the right account then. 

If you want to change the Facebook account linked to that Spotify username, in the desktop client go to Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook and then reconnect with the correct account 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Still it says that it's logged on my private account.

I don't have a single clue why it keeps on saying that. I remember registering my spotify for my other facebook almost a year ago, but now it seems to have forfeited it.

Suggested posts