Help with logging into a premium account only know username

Plan

Premium

Country

United states

Device

Google pixel 

My Question or Issue

Just got a new phone and was trying to log in. I only know my username for sure and I thought I knew my password but it says it doesn't match. I can't recieve an email with just the username so not sure what to do. I'm a premium member on that account so i'm paying for it each month and I'd like my music back or else I'd use a different account. Any tips on recovering my account and music?

2 Replies

Hey Eric,

You can reset your password, you only need your username or email. Just follow these steps.

Reset your password

1. Log out of the Spotify app and website.
  2. Go to the password reset page.
  3. Enter your email address or username in Email address or username.
  4. Click SEND.
  5. Check your email inbox for an email from us with the subject “Reset your password”.
  6. Click the link in the e-mail.
  7. Type your new password in New password.
  8. Type your new password again in Repeat new password.
  9. Click SET PASSWORD.

If you’re not receiving the password reset email:

• Check your junk/spam filter.
  • Make sure you entered the correct email address (or username) for your Spotify account.

If the reset link isn’t working:

• Request a new password reset link and try that one.
  • Open the password reset link in a new web browser, or a private browsing window in your current one.

If you’re having trouble using the new password to log into Spotify, try the steps here.

Hope this helps!

Hey @Ericuhh.

Thanks for getting in touch!

You can insert your username in the Password Reset form. If you lost access to the email account associated with your Spotify account, you'll need to get in touch with support. You can read how to do that here.

Should do the trick. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts