Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I´ve purchased Spotify Unlimited but still have ads

Solved!

I´ve purchased Spotify Unlimited but still have ads

"Subscription status

You have an active Spotify Unlimited subscription.

Your subscription will automatically renew and you will be charged."

- How do I get rid of the commercials!?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi silja - How's that working for you today? I can confirm that subscription's gone through for you. 

Please try signing in again with your FB email/ password if you haven't already. 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

What device are you trying to listen on?

Spotify unlimited only removes adverts on the desktop and web players (ad-free listening on tablets and mobile devices requires premium).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

22 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi silja - How's that working for you today? I can confirm that subscription's gone through for you. 

Please try signing in again with your FB email/ password if you haven't already. 

Now it works, thanks 🙂

Regards Silja

Same problem here.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

I would suggest you have a read at and try the steps outlined in this post.

Peter

Peter

Same thing happening to me. Subscribed to Unlimited several hours ago, reinstalled, logged out, then back in, still have ads. Help?

I have the same problem. 

There is currently an issue effecting upgrades, keep an eye on this topic for confirmation and updates. 

Peter

Peter

I've had spotify unlimited for over a year and, all of a sudden a few days ago, I started getting commercials. My subscription is up to date. How can I get rid of commercials?

Hi @mochi321

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

If you'd like, you can get in touch with the customer service team directly using the online contact form and they might be able to help you out!

If at any point you get an automated response directing you to the community or help pages, you will need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares.

Hope this helps!

Spotify on!
Mikey

Spotify | Twitter

Did you like this post? Please add kudos below!
Did this post solve your issue? Accept it as a solution below!

i used spotify from long time now and i m very glad about it. i just change my credit card so my premium level was stop. i want to purchase again with my new card but now it s only free or 9.90 euros!!! before i get 4.90 and it was enought for me i didn't uded smart phone and i don' t want it. i want to get the choice, other wise i will change to dzzr, they still proposed 4.90€ upgrate.

see you

Hi @pierrotwave . Have you tried going to the upgrade page instead of the main spotify page?

@pierrotwave - If your account is registered in a country where unlimited is available you should still be able to upgrade by going directly to the get unlimited page

Peter

Please do to my account whatever it was you did to Silja's. I have logged out and back in twice and uninstalled and reinstalled the app once. I have the receipt, so I know the transaction went through. 

What does your subscription status on your online overview say @ShayeMo ?

Peter

It says I'm registered for spotify unlimited until June 28th 2014.

Marked as solution

What device are you trying to listen on?

Spotify unlimited only removes adverts on the desktop and web players (ad-free listening on tablets and mobile devices requires premium).

Peter

/heavy sigh/ It's a Galaxy Tab. That's pretty ridiculous. 

I am also having the problem of still getting ads, but am an Unlimited customer. I have logged out and back in to no avail. Can you please help me with this?

@jayjacob - Are you using the desktop or web player? Spotify Unlimited only removes advertising on those clients, ad-free mobile access is a premium feature. 

Peter

Suggested posts