Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Incorrect chargeback notification!

Incorrect chargeback notification!

I'm a premium member, and a few days ago I was no longer able to login to Spotify. When I contacted support they gave me some template message saying

Your Spotify account has been disabled because we received a chargeback from your bank/Paypal in relation to a payment processed on your account. Subsequently the funds have been automatically credited back to your bank/Paypal account.

Spotify takes chargebacks very seriously. For this reason we will not be able to re-enable your account.

Now I looked at my credit card statement, and sure enough there was a successful charge from 'Spotify USA' for $9.99 that was *not* refunded. So basically Spotify took my money, deactivated my account, and refuse to re-enable it. 

That's what happens to loyal customers I guess.

5 Replies

Unfortunately this isn't something we can lend a hand with here on the community, Spotify do take chargebacks seriously but they will of course be willing to re-enable your account if there has been a mistake.

See this topic for what to do next:
http://bit.ly/17BOFNc

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I wish that was true, but right now customer service is giving me the runaround. I called my bank to see if there was a chargeback, and they confirmed 100% that there wasn't any. Spotify just keeps telling me to contact my bank. So I'm pretty much in a bind now. I've been a customer for a very long time, and I'm just really frustrated at the way they're treating me.

Hey @Rafalca

Very sorry to hear that.

have you the 8 digit case number? I'll see what's going on with the payments team for you.

Teamwork will make the dreamwork!

Where would I find that? This is the only reference ID i could find: ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0m0TvK:ref

@Rafalca - Just checking in, any news on this?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts