Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

JUST bought Spotify card, redeemed wrong subscription though?

JUST bought Spotify card, redeemed wrong subscription though?

I had sent this to customer support but Yahoo took it upon themselves to delete the email account I was using. 

My mom just bought a $30 Spotify card for me because they do not want to give out credit card information. I was given choice(s?) for what I wanted the $30 to go to and my phone would not let me scroll to the other options, it just gave me the 6 months Premium option. I chose it with intentions on buying another $30 card later on to pay the other 3 months, because I'm aware $30 will not buy me 6 months. My problem is that my phone wouldn't play music, it keeps saying I need Premium so I checked online and it's telling me I bought an Unlimited subscription, and to upgrade to a Premium I need to give credit card information. How in the world can I get it to change to Premium. Please tell me there's a solution, I'm not trying to pull a pity card but it's my birthday present that I don't want wasted.

2 Replies

So it seems you accidentally bought an unlimited subscription rather than a premium.

I would recommend to contact Spotify support right away, explain it to them and I am sure they can convert your account from the 6 months unlimited (which I guess you have now) to a 3 months Premium.

And you sure won't need a credit card for this. I use Spotify Cards all the time, no credit card associated with my account and I have Premium since a very long time.

Good luck and Happy Birthday 🙂

EDIT: Just realized you mentioned your email account was deleted. You should be able to change your email address when logging in to Spotify via website.

@DontHateOnCait - Use this contact form instead, just make sure you use a working email address in the first box 😉 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts