Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Just paid for Premium, though I'm linked to a Spotify Partner (Xs4All)

Just paid for Premium, though I'm linked to a Spotify Partner (Xs4All)

Hi Spotify,

I love your music service. And I use it all day! Until a month ago I used Spotify Free then my ISP (XS4ALL, Netherlands) gave me a year free Premium subscription! Awesome!

And now, after a month of usage I got an email from PayPal "Receipt of your payment to Spotify Finance Ltd" (which may be poorly translated since it was Dutch). So I checked my link at my ISP; they say it's okay. I checked the link on my Spotify Account, which is okay too. Payment of the last receipt: "Spotify Partner (Xs4All-Nl)".

So, what is going on? What went wrong? And can I revoke my automatic Spotify payment via PayPal?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Joost

3 Replies

Joost:

You should login to PayPal and first find the section of the account that lists "preauthorized payments" or "recurring payments" (the wording may  not be exact due to translation issues).  Once you have disabled any future payments to Spotify, locate the payment transaction and copy the transaction ID, finally locate the "resolution center" and with the transaction ID you can file a case with Paypal for a refund

Best regards! 

Hi and thanks! I'll give it a try, but could anyone explain why Spotify Finance is sending a payment receipt to PayPal while I'm linked to a partner?

Thanks again!

JoostyBoy - The last payment made from PayPal for your subscription was in February. From June, it has been paid with a partner subscription.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Suggested posts