Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Moved from NL to the US

Moved from NL to the US

Hi,

Been a fan/subscriber from day one in the Netherlands. Recently moved to the west coast. Been using my account just fine.

However I want to use my US bank account to pay for this. So how best to approach this? Is this a matter of changing account payment settings? Would also like to pay in $ instead of Euros 🙂 

Thanks in advance

Wouter

6 Replies

Hey there Boender070 - welcome to the forums!

Thanks for your message. I will look into it.

When you are in another country and want to change payment, just go to Spotify site and log ih. In online profile, change credit card details. If can't get change of country, customer service can change country to you. You may need this before you can change payment card. Customer service http://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/ - if any automated responses pointing to look back here on help pages, just reply back to that message.

Music Have a lovely weekend and happy Spotifying! Music

Much appreciated HPGuru

I changed my payment details to my US credit card.

However it still says I pay in Euros. This is strange as I am a US resident now.

Thoughts on this perhaps?

This is what it said:

Subscription status

Your Spotify Premium subscription will be automatically renewed the 2014-03-17 and charged 9.99 EUR + 0.00 EUR Sales tax every 1 month, unless you cancel your subscription before that time.

Obviously Euros is more expensive.

Again many thanks

Boender070

@Boender070 wrote:

Much appreciated HPGuru

I changed my payment details to my US credit card.

However it still says I pay in Euros. This is strange as I am a US resident now.

Thoughts on this perhaps?

This is what it said:

Subscription status

Your Spotify Premium subscription will be automatically renewed the 2014-03-17 and charged 9.99 EUR + 0.00 EUR Sales tax every 1 month, unless you cancel your subscription before that time.

Obviously Euros is more expensive.

Again many thanks

Boender070

Hey there.

Glad this worked. I don't know clearly how to change payment from euros to dollars. I will look for right person to answer this.

I suggest to check can you change country, in my opinion after that you may be billed in dollars if you change country to US from NL.

You can change your country here https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/ - if you can't choose US, just have a look to customer form link in my first post and customer service do the job for you.

I also escalated this to right person, so they can look further is there any possiblity to change euros to dollars in your issue.

Watch this space, thanks!

I can see @user-removed has escalated this, but I would imagine you will be billed in dollars if you are registered using a US card and your profile is just showing some confused data.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@Peter wrote:
I can see @user-removed has escalated this, but I would imagine you will be billed in dollars if you are registered using a US card and your profile is just showing some confused data.

Yep @Peter__ is right. Those details will change when your next payment goes through using your new payment method. 

Thanks everybody.

You guys r0ck

Suggested posts