Premium

Country

Ireland

Device

Asus zenbook 14

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

When i redirect to the web version of spotify to make changes to my account, everything is fine until i try to add a new login method. Regardless of whether its with apple or email, i log in fully just for it to display a "something went wrong, please try again later" message :[

6 Replies

Hey @hanred14,

Welcome to the Community!

Could you let us know if the same thing happens even in the Spotify app or is it just in the web player that you see this error message?

If you haven't already we recommend that you try in an incognito-window on the browser you're currently using, but if there's no change, try clearing the cache and cookies to see if the message would disappear then. One more option is to try with a different browser to the one you're currently using. 

Keep us in the loop 🙂

IvelinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm on the current journey of disconnecting all my Facebook logins from my apps and using an email and password. I want to do it for Spotify. However, when I'm editing a new login method (which you access through settings on desktop). It's not working. 

It doesn't work for Apple or Google either. Can we please rectify this situation as I do not want to be reliant on Facebook for logging into my precious Spotify!

Hi there @ath_,

Thanks for reaching out. We've moved your post to the Help board where it better belongs.

As you seem to have figured out, you can edit login methods as shown here. What exactly happens when you try to do this? If you haven't already, consider trying this in an incognito window and on different devices and networks.

If the issue persists, please describe the behaviour in more detail and send us some screenshots so we can investigate further.

Let us know how it goes.

JoanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thanks Joan, its still not working despite me logging in different browser and incognito mode. I've tried logging in my Apple and Google account and the prompt "something went wrong" is popping up. I've attached an image for reference. Thanks

Hey @ath_,

Thanks for your reply.

If you're seeing an error message, you most likely haven't set up a password for your account that's independent from your Facebook login. To do so, simply request a password reset link here.

After this is taken care of, try again and let us know if the issue persists.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

That worked! Thank you so much 🙂

Suggested posts