Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Relocated abroad.

Relocated abroad.

Hi there.

I used to be an unlimited subscriber of spotify for two years or so. After figuring out I didn't use it much, I switched back to the free option. Long story short, I relocated from the UK to France. Now spotify bugs me I can't use it. As far as I see, the only way to solve this is to change my payment details. Why do I have to subscribe to resolve this? Not mentioning, I still have an UK bank account linked with my PayPal and don't see why all this hussle?

How to solve this?!

Many thanks,

Peter

7 Replies

Hey there -- thanks for question Peter!

With Free service you can go abroud for 2 weeks from your Spotify country. With Unlimited or Premium Abroad time is Unlimited*.

* - As much as you have subscription.

You need to pay for subscription from your Spotify country and it's IP adress, also Spotify country credidcard needed.

I'm here to answer your questions!

OK, so how do you count this period? If I log in in the UK, does this mean a new period of 2 weeks overseas is allowed?

Hey 🙂 

I'm slightly confused to what you are trying to do here. 

If you want to continue using Spotify free whilst in France then you just need to update your country on your online profile to france whilst connected via the internet in France and you will be set to use your free service just like in the UK.

If you want to resubscribe to unlimited/premium, you should be able to do that with your UK payment details without needing to do anything 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

From what I see, you can't amend the country details without amending your payment option if you're a free user. You can't amend your payment option without subscribing to Spotify Unlimited. Am I missing anything here?

@xtlan wrote:

From what I see, you can't amend the country details without amending your payment option if you're a free user. You can't amend your payment option without subscribing to Spotify Unlimited. Am I missing anything here?

You should be able to update your country as a free user from your online profile without entering any payment details at all, as long as your IP address matches the country you are trying to change it too (otherwise you get an uneditable box). If you aren't going to subscribe might be worth removing your current payment method incase that is confusing the system. 

Peter

Peter

I'm getting an uneditable box despite being in France and using a French IP address. As to payments, I wanted to keep them in case I'll change my mind. Anyhoo ...

As a compromise, if you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they should be able to change it manually for you 😉 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts