Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle Often Plays In The Same Order

Shuffle Often Plays In The Same Order

I think this has been mentioned before, but the shuffle function needs to be improved upon. I have a few playlists that i shuffle. If i stop listening for even a short while, and i shuffle again, its almost like it starts over and begins shuffling them in the same order as before. So i end up listening to the same songs all over again. Shuffle should be completely random every time. 

7 Replies

Spotify interestingly just blogged about their Shuffle algorithms and how they are making changes:
http://labs.spotify.com/2014/02/28/how-to-shuffle-songs/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

That post is interesting, but that is a little different than what I'm experiencing. I don't really mind if the same artist is repeated periodically (as long as it's not the same song as well). What I don't like is if I start shuffling a playlist, listen to a dozen songs, and then stop, when I begin shuffling the same playlist later, it often seems to play the same songs in the same order as before. Almost as if shuffling itself has a preset order

This happens to me all the time even if I shuffle all songs (largest "playlist")

Ive been noticing this recently. almost 4 years later and the problem isnt solved

Why is this still an issue in 2018? How embarrassing

Yep, it's annoying.

Yup, it is 2018 and I still get the same tracks in the same order everyday.

Awkward

Suggested posts