Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to Purchase Premium or Change Country

Solved!

Unable to Purchase Premium or Change Country

Hi,

I'm from Canada and received an invite to the Canadian Spotify. When I try to change my country, it's listed as being an account from USA. In addition to being grayed out, when I try to purchase premium there is no option to pay from Canada. Is this due to it being a new launch and not having a payment method available yet?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It doesn't appear that the system will currently allow you to change your country to Canada if your account is already registered in another country (it assumes since Spotify isn't yet available in Canada you will be creating a new account). 

Spotify support will be able to make the change manually for you. Quickest way to get in touch is normally via Twitter: @SpotifyCares.

You can also get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand by email too.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey there! Because this is a pre-launch, you'll have to actually create a new account with the Canadian invite. Sorry for the inconvenience!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Marked as solution

It doesn't appear that the system will currently allow you to change your country to Canada if your account is already registered in another country (it assumes since Spotify isn't yet available in Canada you will be creating a new account). 

Spotify support will be able to make the change manually for you. Quickest way to get in touch is normally via Twitter: @SpotifyCares.

You can also get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand by email too.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Cannot message @spotifycares on Twitter because they do not follow me.  My question is: 
How do I pay in Canada so I can actually use the premium service? I have just joined in Canada... everything's fine till you get to the pay page for premium service (free 30 days)... the default is USA and there is NO option for a Canadian pay method, so you cannot sign up. The premium service is needed for using Sonos players. "Support" is an email directing to FAQs and this community... no other response.

Suggested posts