Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to access/play spotify on any platform

Unable to access/play spotify on any platform

Hi,

I've been using the Spotify Web Player in Chrome without any issues until a few weeks ago.

Now, I can still log into the Web Player but cannot play anything. I can browse the catalog but, nothing happens when I hit play on anything. I've tried with various web browsers on different computers and different networks; nothing works.

I read in another thread that, installing the app and playing something could "unfreeze" my account. However, when I try to sign into the app, I get an error saying that my country does not match what is set in my profile. But it does. I am in Belgium and my profile says Belgium.

I then tried to install the app on my smartphone and, upon signing in, I get an overlay message saying that, if I want to listen "abroad", I must tell spotify where I am. I am not abroad! I am right where my profile says I am!

I am not using a VPN connection on either my computer or my phone and, at the time of those attempts, they were connected to the internet through completely separate networks. Online IP-based location checks showed that I am indeed in Belgium.

Can someone please help fix this?

0 Replies

Suggested posts