Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to change country/region

Unable to change country/region

Hi, I have moved to work for a bit in Turkey and I would like to change my country/region so I can accept the family plan of my household. However, it doesn't allow me to change it.

I'm stuck getting this message when trying to accept the invite. "It looks like you're trying to join Premium for Family from a different country. Premium for Family is only available to family members living together. Try again when at the same address."
Is anyone able to assist me with this?
Thanks
6 Replies

Hey @Aiich,

Thanks for reaching out.

You'll simply need to update your country setting by following these steps. Once it matches with the plan owner's country setting, you'll be able to join.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply. I have tried the steps but the drop-down menu is blocked for me. My cursor becomes a red circle. I did recently cancel my membership and I still have some time left of it. Would this impact it and is there any workaround?

Not sure if the other reply went through. I tried the steps and i am unable to open the drop-down menu, my cursor becomes a red circle. I do have a current plan that i cancelled but hasn't expired yet, would that cause an issue? If not is there another way around this? 
Thanks

Hi,

I have tried this method however i am unable to access the drop-down menu, my cursor turns into a red circle and i cannot click the country/region.

Hey @Aiich,

Thank you for keeping in contact and sorry for jumping in.

If the drop-down menu is not available, your account may have an active Premium subscription as the steps you're following are for free users. If you have a Premium subscription, you'll need to update your payment method to one that's issued in the current country:

1. Log in to your account page.
  2. Under Your plan, click UPDATE next to your payment method.
  3. Enter a new payment method that was issued in your new country or region.

Keep in mind that the changes will take effect from your next billing date. 

Note: remember that if you want to start a Family plan, all users must have the same country registered in their accounts.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you. I shall try it out when it expires and get back to you. 

Suggested posts