Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to see friends listening activity.

Unable to see friends listening activity.

Plan

Premium

Country

Serbia

Device

Laptop 

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

The app asks me to turn on sharing of activity but its turned on, and i still cant see what my friends have been listening to, i have this problem for about half a year now. 

3 Replies

Thanks for asking in the community. I see you are having issues with friends' activity. There are a few changes to friends' activity, you can read more about it here. To see what your friends are playing, they need to turn their activity on too so it is visible to you and all their followers.

Keep us posted!

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same here.  It's asking me to enable "Share my listening activity on Spotify", which is already enabled.  It's been like that for a couple months and is quite irritating.

Hi @emieYer,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

Remember that the default setting to share the user’s listening activity has been globally set to OFF. This gives everyone more direct control and choice if they want to publicly share what they listen to. This is why you're now seeing less or none people in your friend feed.

However, keep in mind that this option is just to show your listening activity in other users' profiles and not to activate your Friends feed. To see the activity of other users, the people you follow must have this option active as well.

In case you've already confirmed with your friends that they also have the option turned on, you can ask them to get in touch with the Customer Support team so they can review their individual accounts.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts