Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to unlink this account from my wife's Facebook

Unable to unlink this account from my wife's Facebook

Hi!

I have a classic Spotify account, i.e. an username rather than a pure Facebook auth. Now, my wife has been sitting at the computer and while I was logged on to Spotify she has some way managed to click to link them together. Now I did go into Edit / Preferences / Social and clicked to unlink the Facebook account. However, her real name and an old profile avatar of hers is still in the upper corner when I log on to my Spotify account (using pure creditentials) through the web, and also in the desktop client.

It's like the connection between her Facebook account and the Spotify account has melted together. When I go under Edit / Preferences / Social and choose to create a new link (trying my own Facebook account, just to see if it'll update avatar / real name) it accepts my Facebook login but then the popup window just vanishes and it's like it's not being connected, after all. Anyone with intel who could help out on this matter, I've tried all sorts of ways and now I'm about to surrender. I'm guessing we'll need an intervention "under the hood" to make this right again.

Cheers!

1 Reply

Hi there! I recommend reaching out directly to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter Page @SpotifyCares or through the online contact form.

Make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify. Once you get it, make sure to reply back right away, even if it says it's from a "no-reply" email.

Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Suggested posts