Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Upgrading to Premium with Gift Card

Upgrading to Premium with Gift Card

I want to upgrade to Spotify Premium and take advantage of the 3 months for the price of 1 offer. I have a gift card with a code for $10 so this should cover the entire 3 months for the price of 1; however, when I choose gift card as my payment option, I get the error message "The product you've selected does not match your redemption code. e.g. A Spotify Premium code redeemed against Spotify Unlimited." How do I circumvent this error message and redeem my code correctly? I have explored the possibility of redeeming the code through spotify.com/redeem, but in that case I am only given the choice of redeeming it for one month of spotify premium wheras I want to take advantage of the 3 month for the price of 1 offer. Anyone please help.

10 Replies

Hey there, the 3-for-1 offer can only be used with a regular payment method I'm afraid, for example credit card or PayPal. You'd then be able to redeem the gift card in addition to it, so you'd have 4 months Premium total.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

My gf has the same problem. 

Now I have two questions. 

If the 3-for-1 offer does not apply if you have a giftcard, why is there even an option to pay with giftcard?

And, there is no option to decline the offer and just pay for one month. 

So no music tonight. 

Cheers.

@Gigatrox wrote:

My gf has the same problem. 

Now I have two questions. 

If the 3-for-1 offer does not apply if you have a giftcard, why is there even an option to pay with giftcard?

And, there is no option to decline the offer and just pay for one month. 

So no music tonight. 

Cheers.

Why not? Just redeem code. www.spotify.com/redeem

Great. 

But absolutelly no link from first page. Or second. 

So, unless you you know the actual adress, you are stuck. 
Sure, the link is on the card, in ever so tiny letters, but men don´t read manuals. 🙂
Nevertheless, why aren't there a link of some sort if you click on upgrade?

I don't know at all why there is no link. I make sure that right people will collect this feedback into books and covers.

Pimp your life with Spotify - right beat for every moment 🙂

The Spotify support team are aware of the gift card issue on that page, hopefully it can be removed soon as it does appear to be causing some confusion!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Great. 

Off topic. I have reported a malfunctioning file for four or five years now. 
Still no update. 
Irritating when it's a favourite track.

Any idea on how to get it fixed?

Cheers.

I got a spotify gift card for my mom for Christmas. It redeemed online but the iphone app does not allow her to upgrade to Premium (that's the option she chose instead of the unlimited). The app does not recognize that her account has upgraded to premium. I tried reinstalling the app 3 times and also tried logging in and out 7 times. Shame on Spotify for making this so difficult. It's such a great concept but they can't execute to save their business. I will demand a refund.

I'm sorry to hear this.

Sometimes there is some delay before full update of app.

@manbearhorse - Is your account showing as premium on your online overview

If it is showing as premium then you should be good to go! Sometimes a quick log out and back in again is needed. If you are still having issues, try a clean reinstallation of the application. 

If your account is still showing as free then you have not logged into the account you have upgraded. Double check your details, its amazingly easy to accidentally have two accounts, one with a Spotify username and another using your Facebook details. If you can't find your account, don't subscribe again as you might be billed twice, instead get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

@Gigatrox - Unfortunately once Spotify report the issue to the record label its out of their hands. Spotify can't alter any of the content provided to them by the content owners due to licensing, so we are at the mercy of record labels (who normally can't be bothered) to get things corrected. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts