Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Username

Solved!

Username

I want my facebook name to be displayed instead of my spotify username, the account is connected to my facebook i thought that i would change but i haven't, solutions?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@fmj1981 - I can confirm your account is connected to Facebook and showing your real name and profile picture. There is sometimes a delay when you connect/disconnect from Facebook but it should fix itself within 24 hours without the need for you (or your friends) to do anything. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

10 Replies

If your Spotify username is "chillinlilly" then I can confirm your account is showing your real name and Facebook profile picture on your public profile. 

If its not appearing in your client just give it a little time, it should fix itself!

Peter

Peter

Hi,

I would also like my FB name to show, not my username for instance when I follow people. 

For example, now if I follow a friend my FB picture shows up but next to it is my username fmj1981.

Is my FB name or my username shown to my friends on their Spotify client?

Will this solve itself automatically like mention in previous post, or do I need to do something?

Kind regards

Frida

Marked as solution

@fmj1981 - I can confirm your account is connected to Facebook and showing your real name and profile picture. There is sometimes a delay when you connect/disconnect from Facebook but it should fix itself within 24 hours without the need for you (or your friends) to do anything. 

Peter

Peter

sweet thnx!

I have same problem. I want to use my facebook profile picture and name but I couldn't change.

@merliva wrote:

I have same problem. I want to use my facebook profile picture and name but I couldn't change.

Is your Spotify account connected to Facebook?

Peter

Hi, 

I actually would like it to be the other way around.

I signed up for Spotify withouth connecting to Facebook, since I don't want my username in Spotify to be the same as on Facebook. I than found out that it is impossible to add an profile picture if you're not connected to Facebook, so I connected with Facebook nevertheless. The problem I have now is that in the spotify webplayer the right username is shown, but in the client on Android, Ipad and desktop my Facebook-name is shown. So when I make a public playlist, my Facebook-name is displayed instead of my Spotify-username. Is there anyway my Spotify-username is used for public playlist instead of my Facebook-name?

Thanks for you answer in advance!

@sma - Unfortunately not, your profile will always show your real name and profile picture from Facebook if your account is connected.

Peter

Your facebook "real name" should appear across all platforms. If this wasn't the case on the web player, it might be down to service problems over the last couple of days (they should be fixed now so it is worth rechecking). If you want your username displayed instead, you'll need to unlink your account from facebook.

There is an idea here to have profile pictures for non-facebook linked accounts by the way.

Thanks for the quick reaction guys! Unfortunately no solution for now, so I'll have to think of a way to work around this. 

Any idea how I can get in contact with an account manager for businesses in The Netherlands? Filling out the form on the website didn't do the trick...

Suggested posts