Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Very poor support on Spotify, anyone experiencing the same?

Solved!

Very poor support on Spotify, anyone experiencing the same?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok, but even when you have nothing new to say about a problem, it is best practice to also tell this to your users. Just drop a note that the problem is being worked on once in a while so people know you are still looking into it. Basic ITIL rules.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@michabessems wrote:

Ok, but even when you have nothing new to say about a problem, it is best practice to also tell this to your users. Just drop a note that the problem is being worked on once in a while so people know you are still looking into it. Basic ITIL rules.

We try to do that too when we can. It's a tricky balance of course. I'll be sure to pop into that thread.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

22 Replies

EXACTLY IT STINKS!

the_quelo - we've helped you out elsewhere.

jer4006 - is there anything I can help you with? I can't see any other posts from you.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Yes, when Spotify keeps ignoring this thread: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/My-playlist-subscribers-disappeared...

Problem still exists, nothing is being done to fix it.

@michabessems wrote:

Yes, when Spotify keeps ignoring this thread: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/My-playlist-subscribers-disappeared...

Problem still exists, nothing is being done to fix it.

We're aware of that thread and looking into things, don't worry! We'll let you know when we've something to say.

Please don't mistake our not having anything to say yet with us ignoring users. We're always listening, I assure you.

Marked as solution

Marked as solution

@michabessems wrote:

We try to do that too when we can. It's a tricky balance of course. I'll be sure to pop into that thread.

Even though I don't post anything, I tend to look up a lot of posts just for "fun" and I ALWAYS find that Spotify customer support SUCKS. If people post about something Spotify don't want to hear about, you guys just ignore. If a customer waste a huge part of their precious time to write an email to your support team about what you don't want to hear, you guys just don't reply. What a convinient method for dealing annoyed customers. Well, keep in mind that THAT IS A DEALBREAKER for angry customers and you are basicaly telling annoyed customers "go away if you dont want our awesome service lol i dont need u at all i got tons of money so go *BLEEEEEP*" People complain about Facebook bull**uh-oh** and you just ignore and you know what? I saw LOADS OF PEOPLE LEAVING just because of your IGNORANCE.

Just to mention that it's not about you moderators. I know someone in Spotify made you guys not to reply at FB comments and other sensitive Spotify-fault issues and I understand that there's nothing you guys can do. Whatever back to the subject. Seriously, why can't Spotify just post an simple 30-seconds-taking reply like "we made this stupid contract with Facebook and we are not allowed to accept a non-FB customers and this contract will end in blabla years and do you guys want us to break it"? Come on Stupify, your precious customers are leaving because you guys IGNORE THEM AND DONT TAKE AN ACTION FOR THEM

If ANYBODY agrees with me, be sure to press that kudo button so that SOMEONE in Spotify can read this and HOPEFULLY DO SOMETHING

I am experincing the same, can't even get my password reset. I allready reset my facebook one , i still can't get into spotify with facebook on my iphone, no reply from thier support

Just for any spotify staff interested in a solution: I think that it would be helpful to have a support line. Customers feel much more comfortable talking to someone in person. Even if that person cannot solve their problem, they still understand that it's being addressed. Just a suggestion 🙂

Yes, really poor.

I still have not received my device password -- I paid for premium service, I followed all instructions online, and I have sent 6 emails to support --> I received a very pleasant email response to my first email indicating I would receive a link shortly ... but that was 10 days ago and none of my 5 follow up emails have received a word in response. I am just being totally ignored.

I finally decided to pay for music service and my listening experience is worse now because I can't use my sonos system and have to listen to music on my laptop speakers. Lame.

How hard is it to generate a device password for a paying user? Seriously. Isn't that the single most basic requirement of a technology company?

What gives?

Absolutely Support and contact sucks big time!! I have payed for premium, but is still listed for free version. And NO ONE repies to my mails! 

UPDATE: I received a very polite reply with the password link shortly after posting my comment here. So my problem is solved.

I suspect the customer service infrastructure is poorly designed or implemented, which is frustrating -- but it appears from my experience that the people in customer service are well-meaning and sincere. So please keep that in mind.

Also note that only 1/5 of my emails received a reply, but my comments in the community section were answered 2 for 2 with a pretty quick response time -- so I would advice using the comment boards when you need a more timely answer.

Again, I suspect there just isn't an adequate tracking mechanism in place to make sure emails are being assigned and addressed quickly. 

I am happy at least that I can now listen to spotify on my sonos system, whcih is great!

Exactly the same here. Spotify customer service absolutely stinks, and they should be ashamed, considering the amount people pay for their "service".

I was a victim of fraud quite recently, that resulted in me having to set up a new account, and having trouble with my existing playlists and logging into Spotify on devices that don't accept facebook account, since Spotify now stupidly enforce logging in via facebook? Why???

All responses to queries summised to "We've done what we believe is adequate, and you wouldn't be in this situation if you had bought from us in the first place".

Spotify: Your customer service is disgusting. And I hope all prospective subscribers read this before parting with their hard-earned cash.

wizk12 - sorry that you're unhappy with the way your case was handled.

Just one point though:  Spotify now stupidly enforce logging in via facebook - this isn't the case. You're free to create an account with or without Facebook and log in with just a username if that's what you'd prefer.

And we're happy to assist with any furher requests if you have them.

Oh sorry, yes. I seem to notice I have to log in using a random, unmemorable 10-digit integer, rather than the username of my own choice. Not good enough!

wizk12 - You're more than welcome to open a new account with a new username. It's up to you.

Also, regarding the 'fraud', please stay away from any dodgy deals regarding Premium. We'd always suggest paying through our website or an official partner. On an online-auction is not advised.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I closed a credit card on file which forced my annual subscription to a free subscription and when I puit a new credit card in I posted a support message asking why there was no annual option (only monthly).  James from support sent me an email telling me to check my credit card, which was clear they did not read or understand the post.  So I clarified, then I got another reply from Oliver Kelly saying there was an annual option for anyone who was a premium customer, but again missing the point that free customers (or those who used to be paying annual customers) were not offered an annual choice when entering a new credit card 9only monthly).  The third and current email reply was from Paulo telling me to make sure my credit card was authorized for foreign transactions and such, to which I replied that Spotify must have the worst customer service ever (and would they please connect me with a tier 2 support rep).  So yes, I have been receiving "very poor" customer service, to say the least.  Guys, this is very embarassing.  The more I read these posts the more I envision a room full of people who do not know what they are doing agravating and alienating paying customers.  Is there any management at your company?

Ouch. I can't answer the issues but I do know that the annual subscription has been removed.

Agreed! I will be closing my account. If they cannot provide real time support, then I am going to google music. Bye!

Suggested posts