Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong public profile name showing up.

Solved!

Wrong public profile name showing up.

Hi guys,

So my user name is fine, its shotsfired!. However, my boss accidentally connected her facebook account to my spotify (as a test) and now my public profile name is showing as HER NAME. I have since disconnected her FB from my spotify and connected my actual facebook account, my profile picture IN THE APPLICATION is accurate, but her name is still showing (in the application and on open.spotify.com/user/shotsfired! I have tried logging out and in a dozen times, no joy. I have tried opening another browser and entering in the url, no joy. I cannot restart this computer (a macbook pro) because I work in media and they use this computer constantly (long story).

I really need this cleared up asap. Thanks ya'll.

Sorry if this question has already been asked before.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

That is definitely weird! 

Sometimes data caching occurs in both the client and on the server side so changes can sometimes take a while to take effect. Can you try another clean reinstallation and see if that fixes it now?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Would you be able to try one more reinstall, but this time taking the extra steps of stopping processes and deleting folders outlined here?:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Failed-to-load-application-artist-Missing...

Peter

View solution in original post

39 Replies

Hi,

Have you tried a clean reinstall of Spotify? Should clear out the cache and fix the problem.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

trying now....fingers crossed. 

would that also clear up the name/image being wrong on the url? (open.spotify.com/user..blahblah??)

I deleted and reinstalled spotify. Didn't work. 

Just loaded your profile, it appears it is not currently connected to Facebook (for me anyways!)

Peter

Peter

It is connected according to my account information ie when I click 'connect to fb' it says my account is already connected.

Strange, is your spotify username "shotsfired"? 

Peter

Peter

This is BS, why the hell is still the wrong Name displayed, my nephew borrowed my account and now his name is showing next to my picture in the top right on the app.

I've logged in and out a dozen times, reinstalled it a bunch of times and NOTHING changes, why does it have to be so much hassle to frickin' change the name??

I ain't got time to wander to look for answers all day, because no answers WORK!

Really pissed right now.

Please help me to get MY name on the top right next to MY picture?

It's like noobs are taking over spotify and can't get a clear frickin' solution to a simple matter as to change in the name when connecting to facebook, WHAT THE HELL AM I PAYING FOR?!

Get a grip and come with a fix ASAP!

Regards Paul Fredriksen AKA SeightN

P.S. no individual person should get insulted by my comments as it's meant for the spotify admins/staff

@SeightN wrote:

This is BS, why the hell is still the wrong Name displayed, my nephew borrowed my account and now his name is showing next to my picture in the top right on the app.

I've logged in and out a dozen times, reinstalled it a bunch of times and NOTHING changes, why does it have to be so much hassle to frickin' change the name??

I ain't got time to wander to look for answers all day, because no answers WORK!

Really pissed right now.

Please help me to get MY name on the top right next to MY picture?

It's like noobs are taking over spotify and can't get a clear frickin' solution to a simple matter as to change in the name when connecting to facebook, WHAT THE HELL AM I PAYING FOR?!

Get a grip and come with a fix ASAP!

Regards Paul Fredriksen AKA SeightN

P.S. no individual person should get insulted by my comments as it's meant for the spotify admins/staff

I can confirm the correct name is displaying on your account "@SeightN":

profile.png

Peter

Peter

Really...?

what about this snapshot I took right now...?

Is it my computer that is having a prank on me...??

Now I definetely do not understand a thing....

At my spotify it still says my nephews name... Herman Bauge

Now I'm confused too... what do I do now?

Thank you for you reply!

Kind Regards Paul Fredriksen AKA SeightN

For some reason I get "Message cannot exceed 20.000 characters" when I paste my snapshot... why can't I insert a picture...?

here's the snapshot

Marked as solution

That is definitely weird! 

Sometimes data caching occurs in both the client and on the server side so changes can sometimes take a while to take effect. Can you try another clean reinstallation and see if that fixes it now?

Peter

Peter

It finally worked, I uninstalled it, restarted my computer and then installed it again, and now it works! My name is finaly right beside my picture 🙂

Thank you for your help, much appreciated 🙂

Kind Regards Paul Fredriksen AKA SeightN

no, my username is 'shotsfired!'. 

Anyway, the problem is solved now. I think I just had to wait for the cache issue, shouldn't take that long really. 

My brother's name is still showing up next to my picture, even though I've disconnected/reconnected to Facebook, deleted and reinstalled spotify on both my phone and laptop, and restarted my computer.  Help.

jeez even when i disconnect from facebook t's still his name showing up and not my username!

@olivia_vadnais wrote:

jeez even when i disconnect from facebook t's still his name showing up and not my username!

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

The Spotify servers sometimes take a little time to catch up to name changes on profiles, don't worry if you have disconnected or your correct profile picture is showing it will fix itself normally within 24 hours. 

Peter

Peter

I am now having the same problem... I was told I had to cancel my Spotify and register again.. which I did... someone has signed int to Facebook on my computer and now they're face and name is showing?

Not happy at all about this?

@mrnice23 wrote:

I am now having the same problem... I was told I had to cancel my Spotify and register again.. which I did... someone has signed int to Facebook on my computer and now they're face and name is showing?

Not happy at all about this?

In the desktop client if you go to Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook and then reconnect using your own Facebook account that should fix it for you. 

After you reconnect, be aware it can take up to 24 hours for the servers to catch up and display the updated name on your profile and playlists.

Peter

Peter

I'm having this same issue. My wife's name and picture are showing up on my Spotify even thought all of my profile and account info is mine. I've disconnected from facebook. 

Am I correct in assuming that the only fix is to do a complete uninstall, reboot and re-install? That's not a fix. That's a workaround and it's **bleep**ing stupid. Maybe the program should be just be fixed so that this doesn't happen, instead.

@littlefriend420 - It will normally sort itself out given a little time (24 hours is normally enough), a reinstall is just the best way to speed things along. 😉 

Peter

Suggested posts