NEXT STEP

how to change my email address

how to change my email address

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

France

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

how to change my email address on my spotify account, knowing my account was created with Facebook ?

If I only can create a new account, that I've already done, how can I do to use the playlists I've made, going on adding new titles in it ?...

Thank you for your answer !

4 Replies

Hey @Junon29, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

It’s not possible to change the email address on accounts created this way, but you do have the option to create a new account without Facebook. For more information, check out this support article.

If you're sure you want to create a new account, you can transfer your content to the new account following these steps.

I hope this helps. Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you Billy-J.

I will try this later.

And could you tell me what will happen to my old account ? Will it still go on ?

Have a good day !

Hey @Junon29,

No problem. 

You can keep your old account active if you would like, but if you would like to close the old account, keep in mind that:

• Your username can’t be used with Spotify again.
  • You won't have access to your playlists, followers, and everything saved in Your Library.
  • If you have the student discount, you won’t be able to apply it to another account until 12-months have elapsed since you signed up for it.

If you're sure you want to close your old account, follow the steps provided in this Spotify Answer

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions or need some more help 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

hello again !

I already had a new account, and I have transfered all my playlists on it, but I would like to know how to select the songs of each playlist all together. Can you help me again ?

Thanks !

Suggested posts