Country

UAE

Device

Web 

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hey,

I now live in the UAE and I want to come back to using spotify. So I logged in to my spotify account to change my country and it it looped. The error was about postcodes. The UAE doesn't have them. I tried the usual 00000 and nope, it just loops and loops and loops.

I want to use my old account in my new place of residence. You guys are making this difficult. 

Can anyone tell me the precise fix?

8 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

Welcome to the Community!

Could you try setting it between 000 or 0000 and let us know if that works? 🙂 

Thank you! Have a great day.

I'm also having the exact same problem as OP.

I have an old Spotify account but it doesn't work asking to change the country in the profile. I'm changing it to UAE and in the postal code, I've tried putting '000', '0000' and '00000' and all three of them don't work. There are no postal codes in UAE.

Please assist.

OK, 

so none of that worked. So, I made a new profile and activated a 30 day trial. 

How do I get the data from my old account to my new one?

Please read carefully and follow tha instructions at:

How can I change my country setting

Hey everyone,

This should be fixed now! Can you all try again and let us know how it goes? 🙂 

Have a nice day.

Hey there @user-removed,

Glad to hear that you were able to update your country settings.

No worries, you can transfer the awesome tunes to your new account by following the steps below:

1. Make sure all your playlists in your old account are set to Public. You can also make a playlist called Your Music and copy all your saved songs there.
  2. Once you've confirmed all your playlists are public, log out of your old account.
  3. For the next steps, we'd recommend using a desktop device: Log in to your new account and search for your old account's profile. You can do so by typing spotify:user:username in the search bar (you need to replace username with your old account's username).
  4. Once you've located your old account's profile page, head to the tab Public Playlists. All your playlists should be displayed there.
  5. Click on a playlist.
  6. Once you've opened that playlist, select all the songs contained in it.
  7. Right click the selected songs and click Add to Playlist > New Playlist.  This step will create a new playlist to your new account containing the same songs. You can name the playlist the same name it had on the old account if you wish, or give it a different one.
  8. Repeat for all your playlists.

To follow the same people you were following from your old account, try again step 3 and then click the tab Following on your old account's profile page. Once the tab has opened and you see all the people you were following before, simply select the option to Follow each one you'd like to follow from your new account.

Once everything is in your new account, you can close the old one by following the steps here.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I also can't change my postcode. Czech Republic. Tried 000, 0000, 00000, and various variations of my postcode like XXXXX, XXX XX, XXX-XX. Nothing works. Can't save, it says to please enter a valid postcode.

Hi there @osafoca,

Thanks for reaching out. In the past, all accounts had a postal code but today, this is no longer required for most accounts. Could you tell us where exactly you're trying to change the code and what the exact error is? Consider trying that in an incognito window too. 

Let us know how it goes.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts