Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Failed to Enable Spotify Social"

"Failed to Enable Spotify Social"

So this is the second time I've posted here asking for help with this issue.

I want to link my Spotify to Facebook. Again, I want to LINK my Spotify account to Facebook. Not unlink, I want to LINK.

Help please?

9 Replies

Go to Preferences and choose "Connect to Facebook". Make sure you're logged in to the correct Facebook account on your browser.

I've tried to do that multiple times.

Under "File > Connect to Facebook" and "Edit > Preferences > Connect to Facebook"

Neither work. I go to log in, input email/password combination and I still receive nothing to show what I listen to on Facebook.
Facebook says I am connected but there is nothing showing up.

Do you see your Facebook real name and photo on the top right corner of your Spotify? It should replace your username if it was successful. 

Nope. I keep trying to connect them but they aren't connecting.

Hellow Fellow user! I had the same problem! 10 sec ago, I fixed it! first
Log out > Log in with Facebook > then you get a message "are you not **** then you press on log in with **** then It should be working!  😄  (**** your username)  
I hope it worked for you too! 

For the above to work, your Spotify account's email address must be the same as your Facebook account's email (the one you put in the email field to log into Facebook). Check your email here in your profile before doing it.

So they aren't the same, but I tried to change my Email on here to my Facebook email but it says that it's registered with another spotify account even though this is the only one I have.

That sounds like you have logged in with Facebook at some point and it now counts your Facebook account as another Spotify account. That would also explain why you're having trouble connecting.

Try logging into your Spotify account and then clicking a Facebook music link. If your friends are spamming their Spotify plays on your news feed, one should not be hard to find.

If it doesn't work, someone from staff should check your Facebook email address and delete the duplicate account.

I sent in an email to "Contact Us" to delete the duplicate account.

But I tried to chage my email on Facebook to the E-Mail address I have listed on here and it worked, but it still wouldn't let me syn Spotify social despite having the same E-mail address on both accounts.

Would it have something to do with just changing it and the system needing to get used to the change? That sounds a little silly...

Suggested posts