Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Samsung Galaxy A54

Operating System

Android 13, One UI 5.1

My Question or Issue

I'm unable to see the Friends Mix playlist on the Android App. It appears fine on the desktop app and website. This is what it shows when I open it on my phone.

Screenshot_20230514_114155_Spotify.jpg

5 Replies

Hi there @Manj,

Thanks for reaching out. From what you've described, it sounds like you might be logged into two different accounts on your various devices. See if you have another account and then double check the usernames on your various devices. Make sure to use the same account everywhere to have access to all your content. 

Hope this helps.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

This is not the case, this is across the same account - I am 100% sure. All the songs, playlists, and profile information, as well as the multiple blends I already have with friends, are consistent across both devices. 

Hey @Manj

Thanks for your reply. 

In this case, we'd recommend logging out and then logging back in twice in a row. We know this sounds odd but it'll trigger a sync between your account and device. 

If this doesn't do the trick, it's well worth running a clean reinstall of the app on your phone to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. 

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi,

I tried both of these actions and neither worked, the playlist still appears as "Private Playlist" even though it functions fine on Windows.

Hey @Manj,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

In this case, we'd like to add some insights. We can confirm this is expected behavior since the Friends Mix playlist is only available on the desktop app, the web player, and on iOS devices, but not on Android devices. That's why when you try to access it from your Samsung device, you see it's a "private" playlist. You can read more about how this playlist works here

We apologize for the confusion, and we'd like you to know that we appreciate the time you took to write to us about this. You can have a look at our Ideas board to see if someone else posted a similar idea and vote for it. If perhaps you don't find any ideas along those lines, you can post your own idea, but keep in mind that you have to follow our Ideas Exchange Guidelines. That way, your suggestion will be approved more quickly and smoothly.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts