Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist on phone reverts to previous playlist on PC when connecting to car stereo over bluetooth

Playlist on phone reverts to previous playlist on PC when connecting to car stereo over bluetooth

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Pixel 7

Operating System

Android 13

My Question or Issue

Whenever I connect my phone to my car stereo via BT, Spotify will clear my phone's current playlist and start playing from whatever I was most recently playing on my desktop PC.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open Spotify on Android phone

2. Open the desired playlist. Click Play and then Pause to ensure it is playing the correct playlist.

3. Start car so my phone auto-connects.

4. At this point the current playlist on my phone is replaced with whatever I was most recently listening to on my desktop PC, even if my PC does not have Spotify running.

NOTE: I always close Spotify on my PC and it is not running in the background. The problem still occurs even if I haven't opened Spotify on my PC since turning it on that day. I have disabled the option on the desktop app to start when the computer is turned on. I have the close button set to close and not minimise.

There doesn't seem to be any way to get Spotify to connect to my car and play the phone's current queue. Why does it always prioritise the queue from another device, even when the phone is currently playing something else??

0 Replies

Suggested posts