Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Roku Device in Android app only appears when Spotify app on Roku is open

Roku Device in Android app only appears when Spotify app on Roku is open

Device: Pixel 8

Roku Streaming Box

Currently I can not transfer my listening (on Android) to my Roku box by selecting it in the android app device list within the Spotify app.  This was a wonderful feature that used to exist that allowed me to directly transfer my listening to my Roku speakers.

Now, Roku is no longer being listed in the Android app (only option is "This Phone") until I open the Roku Spotify app.  Then, the Roku device becomes visible in the Android app and I can play my music on Roku device

Is this a feature downgrade?  Or a bug?

I have reinstalled both apps (Roku and Android), restarted both devices (Roku and Android).

It seems like this might be an underlying issue with Android connect technology.  Or are there any permissions that could have been removed in Android?

1 Reply

Hey there @jbruxv,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for sharing these details!

Have you by any chance given this a test with a different device? If it's possible, try with a different phone or PC to check if your Roku device would show in the Connect picker if you've not opened the Spotify app on it.

Additionally, I also recommend making sure that the Spotify app and your Roku have no pending updates and that they are connected to the same Wifi.

Lastly, if there's no difference you can follow the steps under in order to remove Spotify from your Roku and then add it again:

1.  Press the Home button on your Roku remote and choose the Spotify app.
  2.  Press the Asterisk symbol button on the remote and choose Select Channel then remove Spotify from Roku.
  3.  Press Home again to return to the main screen and choose Streaming Channels > Search Channels.
  4.  Search Spotify in the Search Channels and select Add Channel to add Spotify to your Roku device.

We'll be on the lookout 🙂

IvelinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts