Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Honor 9X

Operating System

Android 10 (EMUI 10.0.0.347)

My Question or Issue

After the latest update, I cannot start Spotify properly. When I try to start, then Spotify flickers. Not sure, what causes it or if it is just my account, but I tried wiping data including cache, reinstalling and rebooting the device. My storage is only filled at around 50%, so it cannot be my storage. I have attached the video on what happens when I start Spotify.

I might as well add, that I am not receiving any System Updates for months now and by now, I already had several issues with my phone. Maybe the Manufacturer stopped updating my phone, but I barely know anything about it.

Update:

Nothing was repaired in the last months, so I decided to log the error cause using the logging type presented by adb. I don't understand anything in there, but still crashes. Tried clean reinstalling in different ways, but this still does nothing. It is either that the framework is outdated or there might be something that Spotify does not like from my device.

3 Replies

Hi there @BeChris100,

Thanks for the post.

This might very well be due to your Android version being a bit outdated.

We'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app. Please follow the steps from this Spotify Guide exactly, as this will assure that all app data is cleared completely, before reinstalling.

Also, make sure that Battery optimization is not enabled for Spotify from the system app settings, as well as that the app is granted all permissions. These settings could be hindering the performance of the app.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I just posted an update that nothing worked. I hope that it will get fixed somehow because I can't bare with it anymore.

Hey @BeChris100,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for keeping us updated.

To continue investigating your case, would you mind checking if you have any OS updates that may interfere with the proper behavior of the app?

Also, could you check if the same issue happens using a different device with your own account. You can check this on a friend's or family member's device.

Lastly, include in your next response the Spotify version you're currently running to have a better look at the issue.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts