Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sorting by genre from phone and playing song to desktop breaks the app.

Sorting by genre from phone and playing song to desktop breaks the app.

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Phone: Google Pixel 6 Pro

Computer: Windows 10, AMD processor/GPU (if for any reason it would matter)

Operating System

Android 12 and Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When sorting by genre on my phone and using my desktop as the output device if I select a song from my phone the song does not play and the app stops responding to my requests to play other songs from mobile unless I clear the app from RAM.

Reproduce Bug

1.) Have spotify open on PC and phone.

2.) Sort by genre (rap for example) using the button at the top of "liked songs" on the mobile app. 

3.) Select PC as the output device.

4.) Select a song from mobile device. 

I had this same issue on my LG G6 so I have been able to reproduce this issue on multiple mobile devices and clean installs on Windows. 

Analysis:

I'm assuming that because it is not a feature to sort by genre on Windows that the query used to get the song on mobile and the query used to get the song on windows are probably different. This schema mismatch probably causes the request to fail and is unhandled in the mobile app and because it is not handled causes the selection of more songs to be broken on the client-side of mobile. (Perhaps waiting for a request to come back or gets a bad response from server.) 

I am a software engineer. (BS - CS) please give me a job so I can fix this and sort my music by genre from my phone while still listening through my good sound system. 

Thanks. 

1 Reply

Hi there @Starskii,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and for letting us know about this.

We'd like to forward this information so it would be great if you can let us know which version of the app you're having?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts