Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

There is a clickable area in a gap between the bottom three icons and the Now Playing section

There is a clickable area in a gap between the bottom three icons and the Now Playing section

Device

Samsung A32, Samsung S20 FE, probably others

Operating System

Android 12, maybe others

My Question or Issue

For the past year, there is a small but annoying clickable area between the Now Playing bar and the bottom bar (Home, Search, Library). This is easy to click by accident, for example if you are on an album page and trying to click Search for another song, if you click just 1px above the Search icon, instead of opening the Now Playing popup as expected, it clicks the song in the view behind these bars, i.e. even though they are obscured by these two bars those songs can still be clicked because there is a gap.

This has happened on two of my devices and one friend's device (as listed above) and may happen on others. I always update Spotify and have cleared my cache and everything for a different issue which has now been resolved.

spotify.jpg
3 Replies

Hey there @cjmeyer96

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

We can confirm it's expected as that's how the app is designed. However, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

That is not acceptable as a design, are you kidding me? 

I'm on my 3rd Samsung device and this is still a problem.

Please see the contours visible below for debugging purposes. There is a gap between the bottom navbar and the Now Playing tab, which means very often whatever is on the layer behind those two elements, gets selected if one's finger tap is in that gap.

Screenshot_20240412_091544_Spotify.jpg

Suggested posts