Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

This song is not available

Solved!

This song is not available

Hi,

I have spotify premium on my account.

I can play every song from my PC with no ads or anything and it's great!

I USED to be able to do the same from my phone/tablet which i use all the time, but in the last few days, about 50% of the songs I try to play tell me "This song is not available".

tl;dr; I can play anything if i'm using the desktop app, but on my nexus 5 and nexus 7.... 50% of the tracks say "this song is not available"

Any idea why this might be?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Marked as solution

Awesome! That worked! Thanks!

View solution in original post

15 Replies

What did you change about your devices in that time? Maybe a software update?

Same issue but just on the PC

When I try swicth music from phone (which is playing) to my PC (on the same network), it stops playing with this error:

Spotify Error.png

I changed sound from headphones to speakers

From DAC to Nvidia TV (disabling each device in turn)

Unsinstalled Spotify and removed Spotify from roming profile, reboote and re-installed - same issue?

Swicthed from Extreme Quility to norm, same issue!!!

Basically, spotify on my Windows 10, no longer plays music at all.

Marked as solution

This worked perfectly for me. Thanks!

Worked for me. Thanks!

HA! updating to the older version also works for me! YAY 🙂

Thank you!

@1stggman wrote:

Solution, install an older version of spotify:

http://upgrade.spotify.com/upgrade/client/win32-x86/spotify_installer-1.0.7.157.g2a6526f9-88.exe

Marked as solution

Awesome! That worked! Thanks!

hey,

Also worked for me. YAY

Downgrading to the older version worked for me as well.  I hope this is something the Spotify team is looking into.  Thanks.

how does this help if the problem is with a mobile device???

I got this problem on my Android. Clearing cache fixed it.

Riddiculous that Spotify still havn't fixed this - writing desember 2016

on pc alls u need to do is go to the folder spotifys located in by right clicking spotify and clicking open file location, than click users and delete your user.It deletes the cache so that whatever files are corrupted in there are reset. I had no idea but I firgured i'd try it out and it worked perfectly.Much better than installing to an older version that is completely unnecessary.

This issue is still happening. Tried clearing cache, tried reinstalling, tried installing old version but nothing worked. This is clearly a bug in the Windows 10 version of the App. Can't beleive Spotify hasn't resolved this. Pretty frustrating.

This problem from 2016 occured recently on my premium version Windows 10. It is even stranger. The track that I played on my mobile could not be played on my pc. I can not imagine that the solution from 2016 still stands in aug 2017!!?
This is very frustrating. What to do?
1502014083786463869480.jpg

Suggested posts