Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why aren't the new episodes of a podcast available on my app

Why aren't the new episodes of a podcast available on my app

I can find it when I go on the search bar and write the title but it doesn't show up on the podcast's page and in my library, it's written "last updated January, 30th 2024" whereas the last episode was posted last Tuesday.
4 Replies

Hey there @Syrceps,

Thanks for posting on the Community!

Just to check, does this only happen with a specific device or does it appear in the same way on other devices that you use the app on? Does this occur with all podcasts, or just one podcast in particular?

Also, do you notice any difference after clearing stored cache? Once it's done, make sure to log out from the app and back in again. This should resync your account info.

If that doesn't do the trick, would you mind sending us a screenshot or video showing how things look from your end?

Let us know how you get on!

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I could access the episodes of various podcasts for free in the app until I migrated to another country. Now I have to activate premium even to see any or all free podcast episodes. That is a devious way of Spotify to force their users into premium.

Hi @AllenmvJohn

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! 

Sorry to hear about this. Podcasts are a feature that's available to both Premium and Free users. There shouldn't be any restriction when trying to access Podcasts. Could you send us a screenshot of how things look on your end, so we can see how things look and provide help.

We'll be on the lookout.

MartinModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have activated the premium to get access to the "once free episodes and downloads"; I would have to deactivate the premium to send you are screenshot to show my experience. I will get back to you shortly.

Suggested posts