Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

songs skipping, no play bar, AND MORE lol

songs skipping, no play bar, AND MORE lol

there's frequently no play bar and I do have a Samsung, and I saw that's an ongoing issue. however I'm also having trouble over the past two days where any song- including downloaded songs- will just pause randomly or skip a few seconds in, and it's EVERY song I play. I thought maybe it was my Bluetooth but it happens even when I just play it thru my phone speakers, I tried redownloading the app and it still happens, I thought maybe it was because I had just connected the app to my new Alexa and something weird happened so I disconnected it but I have the same issue. not really sure how to fix it.
1 Reply

Hey @casp801,

Sorry to hear that you're having such an experience with the app.

We'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app. Please follow the steps from this Spotify Guide exactly, as this will assure that all app data is cleared completely, before reinstalling. Sometimes the app data can get corrupted when the app or the OS updates and this is often the best first step to resolving such issues.

Also, make sure that Battery optimization is not enabled for Spotify from the system app settings, as well as that the app is granted all permissions. These settings could be hindering the performance of the app.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts