Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

volume control when using Spotify Connect???

volume control when using Spotify Connect???

I am new to Spotify and testing it by using the Spotify app (version 8.4.32.623) on an Andriod tablet (os7) to control Spotify Connect on my Riva Arena speaker. I have a premium subscription. The only way I can find to control volume is to open the device page from the bottom of the currently playing page on the app and use the slider there. The tablet volume controls do not change the volume of the music. The tablet Media Volume slider has no effect. Why is there no volume control on the currently playing page, or, better yet, why is there no synchronization with the device (tablet) volume. When using Amazon Mused Unlimited (which I am also testing on my Arena) via Chromecast, volume control is as easy as pressing the control buttons on the tablet. Though Spotify Connect sounds just a little better on most tracks on my Riva Arena, not having easy access to volume controls may tip the balance in favor of Amazon Music Unlimited. Seems like this has been an issue with Spotify for some time (lots of threads) and is something that should be easy to fix. What is it. Do you not believe that being able to change the volume easily matters to most of your users. In addition, there does not seem to be any synchronization between the Spotify app and the Riva Wand app. ??

4 Replies

Hey @lightshedder!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome to Spotify!

I'm sorry to hear you are having some issues and I will work with you to get this resolved.

Before I do though, I would like to confirm your issue as I am a little confused. You are using Spotify Connect to play music on another device. When attempting to change the volume nothing happens. Is that correct? If not, please let me know so I can assit you better!

Thanks,

Tom

I have a Riva Arena wifi speaker with Spotify Connect built into the
speaker. I am using the Spotify Andriod app to control Connect on the
speaker, so the music is streaming directly to the speaker. From the app I
can only control the volume of the speaker by opening the device page
(clicking the device on the bottom of the currently playing page). I am
wondering why there is no volume control right on the currently playing
page, where it is easier to access. I am also wondering why there is no
synchronization between the volume control buttons on the tablet and the
volume control in the Spotify App. There is when using Chromecast (I think)
but not when using Connect. Finally, though probably a separate issue, and
perhaps a Riva issue at that, the Spotify app and Spotify Connect do not
sync with the Riva Wand app...in either volume control or current track
info. And just for interest sake, while I have your attention, when is the
Spotify hires service coming?

Same issue when using SpotifyConnect with my Yamaha MusicCast, no volume bar available, and android volume buttons do not work neither.

Same problem here when playing music from denon avrx1400h and adjusting sound from galaxy s8+, the volume slider has no effect to volume

Suggested posts