Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why are my public playlists not showing up in search?

Solved!

Why are my public playlists not showing up in search?

Hi, I have made a bunch of public playlists but when I search for any of them, even using the exact words they don't show up - if there's a playlist with the same name that shows up but then come the one's with one word or sound's like - and still mine doesn't show at all. Hence I don't have many follower! Not that that matters but making great playlists is a form of sharing is caring plus I might say to a friend just search for the title but they're not going to find it. Can anyone shed light? They are all marked public and they all show on my profile. Which is Josie Beatrice if anyone feels like investigating. Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @JosieBea,

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Unfortunately, not all playlists on Spotify are indexed. There are multiple factors that come to play in order for a playlist to show up in Search such as popularity, number of followers, uniqueness of name, etc. This post goes more in depth, so feel free to check it out for more info on the matter. For the time being, I recommend sharing the link directly with your friends.

The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @JosieBea,

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Unfortunately, not all playlists on Spotify are indexed. There are multiple factors that come to play in order for a playlist to show up in Search such as popularity, number of followers, uniqueness of name, etc. This post goes more in depth, so feel free to check it out for more info on the matter. For the time being, I recommend sharing the link directly with your friends.

The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts